Harry's poorly

37 posts Page 1 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 am
My poor little Harry is under the weather and I'm not sure what to do for him. He seemed quite happy all weekend and was out in the garden with Dave and I. Last night he came and sat on the sofa beside me, which he hardly ever does, and we put it down to all the fresh air he'd had. This morning he ate a few chunks of his breakfast and went outside and was sick. When I left him this morning he was sitting on the rug and he tried to bite me when I stroked him, which is normal, but I'm worried there's something I'm missing. I've left him fresh water and some dried biscuits in case he's hungry.

I know I'm probably panicking over nothing but I'm worried about him! The thing is I don't want to stress him out by taking him to the vets if he's just having an off day.
Last edited by Skippy on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:08 am
Hey Skippy, sorry about Harry. This exact same thing happened to Nia and when I called the vet they said she could have eaten something in the garden, a plant or something that didn't agree with her. She was fine by the end of the night. Hope he feels better soon. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 am
Thanks Viki, although we had cats when I was at home this is the first time I've ever been responsible for one, hence my panic! I'm going home at lunchtime so hopefully he'll be feeling better. The strange thing is although he was subdued last night he was his normal self in the night and tried to attack me as usual!

I've been looking on the internet and I'm now worried that he's eaten the laburnum tree (not the whole thing obviously!) as they are poisonous to cats. Next door have got foxgloves, so I just hope he hasn't eaten them either.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 am
Poor Harry, hopefully it's just something he's eaten and his bodys own defence will sort it out. These animals do worry us don't they? Hope he's better soon x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:23 am
I'm sitting here like a worried parent waiting for lunchtime so that I can go and check on him! Dave doesn't know but I tried ringing my mum to ask her to pop round but she's out.

Oh the stress of owing a pet! Thanks for listening x

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 am
Poor Harry and poor you Skippy - hopefully he hasn't eaten something that doesn't agree and will be fine at lunchtime.

Does Harry eat birds / rodents? 1 of my cats Tiede gets sick and has the runs if she eats a bird - you'd think it would put her off eh?

Hope Harry ok - let us know.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:40 am
Skippy, I'm the same with Nia, she is my baby.[:I] From what the vet said to me, she may have eaten a plant that has made her sick but cats are usually really good at avoiding the really poisonous ones so I'm sure once it's out of his system he'll be back to normal. Give him a big hug from me. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:47 am
I don't think he eats birds or rodents, although he is affectionately known as Pond Robber, although so far he's only brought us pond weed!

I'll try and give him a big hug Viki - he's not the most cuddly cat in the world and I have the scars to prove it! He's lovely though, and I wouldn't change him for the world.

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:51 am
Could be anything Skippy, I am sure its just an off day, our cats get them sometimes. Once Syra seemed really ill, she was about 4 weeks old. she didnt seem to have control over her body, when I put her down she just fell forward. We lay her in a basket, thinking, this is it she is going to die, it was too late to phone a vet....My daughter sobbed as it was the first time I had let her do the feeds as I wanted to go shopping. Next morning she was fine, her old self running round, we dont know to this day what happened. I thought it might have been a fit as she was kind of post epleptic. Anyway, she never had any more of these and the vet said she had s slight heart murmer when she was speyed. They can scare us stupid. I hope he will be fine when you get home, just make sure there isnt any rat/mouse poison anywhere around the area. They generally dont touch the no no plants, so my vet said.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:29 pm
Any news on Harry -Skippy?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:49 pm
When I went home at lunchtime he was sitting in the garden but he came in when he saw me and bit me a couple of times! He got his toy mouse and played with that and then ate a few biscuits so hopefully he's on the mend.

He's not the most lively cat at the best of times, but it was horrible seeing him looking so sorry for himself. I'm going to keep an eye on him for the next couple of days and hopefully he'll be ok.

Thanks for all your advice x
Last edited by Skippy on Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aguise

Post by aguise » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:01 pm
Aww skippy I hope Harry is feeling better. They quite often do have these off days as said they eat something they shouldnt.
xx For Harry
x and one for mummy thats worrying

Ang x
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pixie

Post by pixie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:10 pm
glad he's feeling a bit better Skippy. It's been hot the last few days so it could just be a bit of over heating, he won't be used to it! Monte gets like that and I always keep an extra eye on him when it's warm.
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:39 pm
poor harry.. might have had heatstroke.. hope he's ok tonight
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:28 pm
I hope he is now better. It is awful when your pet is unwell.

Big hugs XX
37 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “pets corner”