Harry's Weed...

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:50 am
It looks like Harry is off the weed as he's now bringing in big, fat, juicy earthworms! We were watching TV last night and Harry brought one in and dumped it on the carpet. He looks so proud of himself when he brings something in. I don't know why he can't take the hint that as much as we love him, he's got a lousy taste in presents - it's not as if we keep anything he brings us!

Why did I end up with a mad cat?!?! We call him the nutter on the bus as in Jasper Carrott's sketch! He was laying on his back by his scratching post last night scratching with his back paws - that's not normal!

pixie

Post by pixie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 pm
I wouldn't worry, it's a natural progression from weed to worms.... he's still trying to find the one with tequila!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:27 pm
When I was at home at lunch time I heard strange noises from the bedroom - Harry was trying to pull the carpet up! I have no idea why, but it's no longer under the carpet gripper. I know I should have told him off, but I just laughed - he looked so sweet!

He's in cat heaven at the moment - we've got no central heating until the boiler is fixed, so my mum has lent us a halogen heater so he spends the evening toasting himself! We're going to buy him an electric fire at the weekend so he's got something in the winter. It'll save us putting the heating on as well!

You're lucky that Morton sits on your knee - Harry looks at me as if he wants to do it, but it's almost like he can't quite trust me enough.

The picture is Harry in his usual pose!

maizie

Post by maizie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:48 pm
My cat Treacle always bought in worms, slugs and leaves. He would sit there so proud with a leaf in his mouth as if he just caught and killed it!

He carried on that way until he was 13 years old! Then just when I thought he wouldn't even be capable of catching anything because he was an old boy, he brought in a bat! Ive never been so scared in my life!!!
Life is far too stressful!!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:51 pm
I'd die of fright if Harry brought in a bat - I hate anything that flys! We keep finding baby slugs indoors and I've got a good idea who the culprit is!

Harry has also learned to miaow with a lump of weed or a great big worm hanging out of his mouth - it's almost like look at me, aren't I clever?!?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:56 pm
What a star Harry is Skip! Not sure I'd amused with the slugs though - horrid creatures!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:32 pm
Skippy, I think you should write a book about Harry, you'd make a fortune [:D]

My Latch can't catch anything dead or alive....he does excel in peeing on anything and everything though! Whereas Teide brings voles home every morning, she does leave them outside though [:D]

xx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:48 pm
Skippy, have you ever thought of getting Harry to start a blog![;)][:D] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm
Now there's an idea - I'm sure he'd had plenty to put in it!

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:06 pm
threads like this remind me of why i am a doggy person...hee hee....altho i do have to tell you i have had cats before...honest..we had one called "october"she was a delicious smoky gray colour...we lived on a first floor flat and she would sit on window sill for hours watching life go by....one day she was sat there looking out ...not realising window was actually open and she leapt at a bird and sailed off into the blue yonder...not sure who was more suprised...her ...me ..or the woman whose garden she landed in as she was sat on chair enjoying the sun and saw october go flying by....!!!...not harmed at all...but just confirms to me that cats are total nutcases..

and as for harry doing a blog...i think its a superb idea...we may even invent an award category just for him...
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:24 pm
I've started his blog in the Pet's Corner section!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “pets corner”