Has anyone heard of a company called MCR

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

debbie.pgpegg

Post by debbie.pgpegg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm
Has anyone heard of a company called MCR in manchester? My partner is usingthem to try and go through an IVA but isn't sureif they are reputable? Theyare also charging him 479.00 for the first year to clear 33,000 worth of debt. Does anyone think this is too much bearing in mind I am only paying277.00 a month to clear 85,000?

GettingHelp

Post by GettingHelp » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 pm
hi Debbie, im not sure. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. One of the professionals or regular posters will be along shortly to answer your questions.
IVA APPROVED

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 pm
I am aware of MCR and whilst I have not worked for them, I know of people who are currently there who I have worked with previously. I know if you're in the hands of them, you'll be in safe hands. If you haven't already committed, then there is no reason why your partner can't shop around.

It is difficult to compare two indivduals IVA's. At the end of the day the client isn't paying a fee directly. They pay a surplus of income over expenditure which is their best offer. They're not paying any additional fee and so I personally would not be showing concern on the matter. It is the creditor's decision at the end of the day and if they're not happy, they'll reduce the fees by way of modification.
Tell it like it is.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:36 pm
Hi Debbie - welcome to the forum.

Yes I have heard of MCR from a client we have been helping as he wasn't happy with his experience but that is not to say the same goes for everyone.

Tell your partner it is always best to speak to a few companies to get balanced advice and to make sure you are comfortable moving forward.

IVAs are based on someone's disposable income so you can have two different people who have the same level of debt but pay different amounts each month.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”