Hassle from Barclays already

34 posts Page 1 of 3

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:11 pm
My wife had a phone call a few minutes ago from PLFB collections on behalf of Barclaycard,,she said the chap on the end of the phone was demanding payment of arrears straight away,, he also asked if a family relative could pay for us,,infact according to my wife he was very rude & kept on talking over her has she was trying to explain our IVA.
He said he had no information about our IVA meeting etc,,etc,etc,, It a good job my wife is used to dealing with these kind of phone calls through her work.
Makes you wonder how many collection departments Barclays have,, they have by far been our worse creditor.
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

Cath

Post by Cath » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:41 pm
I agree Mike, they are relentless, although they have been a bit quiet on our phones for a few days....lulling us into a false sense of security! I'm sure they will be back with avengance next week!
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

Locko

Post by Locko » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm
Barclays are a nightmare, we have been in our IVA 12 months and they still havent give our IP a final amount of our debts Locko

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 pm
Our worst creditor by far. I just ignored the calls.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Cath

Post by Cath » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:03 pm
You get to know their numbers and click them off!
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

rainbowofhope

Post by rainbowofhope » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:04 pm
Barclays are one of my main creditors - but the phone's been unplugged for the last two weeks - had one letter over the barclayloan and one from Barclaycard - not hard to guess they're going to get much worse??!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:10 pm
I just used to write to them, tell them I would only deal with them via the mail (not that they took any notice of that!) and used to explain what was happening.

Just used to get the standard red letters back, and the 'we will send round the debt collectors' ones.

No one ever turned up!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

rainbowofhope

Post by rainbowofhope » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:12 pm
I'll do the same then! Have had a template letter today from VB to send to our creditors, which they will all be receiving next week. Phone will stay unplugged..happy days! x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:14 pm
Best thing to do with the phone - it's what we did until we had BT Broadband talk and got a seperate number and it was then a pleasure to answer the phone.
Bob Marley.

rainbowofhope

Post by rainbowofhope » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:16 pm
Are BT Broadband talk cheaper than Virgin? Don't think we have a BT line, and believe its quite expensive to have one put in? x

Cath

Post by Cath » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:20 pm
I've sent the letter to all my creditors, more than 2 weeks ago. The only one which has responded by letter and no calls is Northern Rock.

Nationwide were quite good when I spoke to them but they started ringing me again yesterday.

I've had zero calls today which is good.

No post either which is bad as I am awaiting some documents....is the postal strike still on?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:23 pm
Not as far as I know - we had post today.
Bob Marley.

Pennyless

Post by Pennyless » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:30 am
Cath I think theres Postal strikes in a differant area every other day and it could get worse this month.

I know it's so frustrating when your waiting for documents and on a couple of occassions I rang my loan companies up and asked them to re-send the docs......with my estate agent I ended up getting them to email the valuation document through and sent it to my IP by email.

I am fortunate to have a printer/scanner which I must admit has been a boon over the past few weeks and saved on postage and delays in getting my docs to Angela. Everything I receive (and with 11 creditors it's a lot of credit card statements and correspondance) I scan then email to Angela at Melanies company. She then prints it off at the other end and if any hard copies are required they can be forwarded in slow time. It also allows me to copy and keep everything on the PC should it be needed later or re-sent at anytime.
Last edited by Pennyless on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I came into this world with nothing and still have most of it left!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:19 am
No printing off of documents at our end! We are entirely electronic, so having scanned documents from our clients is a real bonus!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:27 pm
Oh I didn't realise that Melanine, can I scan my payslips or do you require the originals, as I do send them in religiously every 3 months.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
34 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”