Having a down, tearful day today

10 posts Page 1 of 1

nolongeranxious

Post by nolongeranxious » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 am
Hi everyone,

I'm having a bad day today, work was really busy yesterday and then i woke up this morning tired tearful and worried sick. I've just rung up my IP who is lovely and reassuring. She made me feel much better but have to say still anxious. Don't think that will go away until I know what is happening for sure (accepted or not).
She said she was just putting the finishing touches to my proposal and then its being sent off today and my meeting will be in 21 days.she said nothing is jumping out at her as to why it shouldn't be accepted but obviously she can't make me any promises.
Its tough isnt it. I feel mentally and physically exhausted. I just want it to be accepted. I know its not an easy option but it is the right one for me.
someone tell me a joke or something to cheer me up! Did you guys and girls feel similar when you were at this stage of the IVA process?
x
Regret not the things you have done but the things you have not done... learn from mistakes, drawn a line, move on.
A brave person is one who admits and faces up to a negative situation, seeks help and works things through....

MrsO

Post by MrsO » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:41 am
Hello Anxious1, I just wanted you to know I am in exactly the same boat, I can't think of anything else, hardly sleeping and I am so scared my IVA will not be accepted because I have literally been so stupid with money and sometimes feel that I deserve it not to be accepted! I have r'cd my proposal and will be returning it signed today so fingers x'd, I have looked at my credit stmts and see I was still spending on them the day before I rang payplan and I just feel so bad!
Anyway a joke -

Whats white and blue and stands in your kitchen?...............................
A fridge wearing a denim jacket!!!!!

xxxxx

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:41 am
Morning anxious1 What do you call a french shoe designer ?

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 am
#13;#10;monsieur philippe filoppe !!

MrsO

Post by MrsO » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 am
hello quark2008,

That made me smile at least!! x

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 am
FIVE MINUTE MANAGEMENT COURSE

Lesson 1:
A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour. Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll give you £500 to drop that towel.' After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few moments of inspection, Bob hands her £500 and leaves.

The woman wraps herself in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, 'Who was that?' 'It was Bob the next door neighbour,' she replies. 'Great,' the husband says, 'did he say anything about the £500 he owes me?'

Moral of the story:
If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Lesson 2:
A priest offered a Nun a lift. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The nun said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?' The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, 'Father, remember Psalm 129?' The priest apologized 'Sorry sister but the flesh is weak.'

Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily and went on her way. On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, 'Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory.'

Moral of the story:
If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great opportunity.

Lesson 3:
A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, 'I'll give each of you just one wish.' 'Me first! Me first!' says the admin clerk. 'I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world.' Puff! She's gone.

'Me next! Me next!' says the sales rep. 'I want to be in Hawaii , relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and with the love of my life.' Puff! He's gone.

'OK, you're up,' the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, 'I want those two back in the office after lunch.'

Moral of the story:
Always let your boss have the first say.

Lesson 4
An eagle was sitting on a tree resting, doing nothing. A small rabbit saw the eagle and asked him, 'Can I also sit like you and do nothing?' The eagle answered: 'Sure, why not.' So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the eagle and rested. Suddenly, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story:
To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.

Lesson 5
A turkey was chatting with a bull. 'I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree' sighed the turkey, 'but I haven't got the energy.' 'Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?' replied the bull. They're packed with nutrients.' The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral of the story:
Bull S**t might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there..

Lesson 6
A little bird was flying south for the winter. It was so cold the bird froze and fell to the ground into a large field. While he was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on him. As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, he began to realize how warm he was. The dung was actually thawing him out!

He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy. A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate. Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him.

Morals of the story:
(1) Not everyone who sh**s on you is your enemy.
(2) Not everyone who gets you out of s**t is your friend.
(3) And when you're in deep s**t, it's best to keep your mouth shut!

THUS ENDS THE FIVE MINUTE MANAGEMENT COURSE
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

bev.nn

Post by bev.nn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 pm
Hello Anxious!
I'd say everyone on the site has felt the same as you PRE-IVA at some point.I've had my IVA for just over a year now and was exactly the same as you in the lead up to the meeting date. Youv'e just got to try and stay focused, be positive and re-assure yourself that at least youv'e done something about it. Easier said than done I know, but worrying is just going to make you ill.Sounds like youv'e chosen a good IVA firm, my IP was a massive help to me too from start of proposal to when it went through - she almost became a personal friend there were that many tearful phone calls to her!And, although she couldn't promise an outcome, like your IP she also said that she couldn't see why it wouldn't go through (and it did!)My debt was HUGE, solely incurred and i think im paying a relatively low pence in the pound compared to some I've seen on the forum, but it still went through.In my experience, these people (ie. the Insolvency practitioners)certainly know their stuff and are very skilled in what they do - they get to know the creditors - eg. which ones will accept /vote or not and think the general feeling is that they wouldn't put a proposal forward if they didn't think it would go through - although unfortunately nothing is certain. Your'e certainly not alone - keep posting on the site. The strength and support you get from so many really nice people will definetley keep you going. I know it does me!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:12 pm
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] John.

Hope that cheered you up anxious, I can't follow those jokes but just wanted you to know I'm here for you. Good luck, Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Emily

Post by Emily » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:24 pm
I can't recall the last time an IVA is reportedly rejected here?????? The time is ripe for IVA acceptance as Banks are loosing big money and is not from personal customers on loans and CC.

They wrote off 15 million last year in CC debts and 56 billon are late with payments....so with these pressures can any Bank say no to IVAs unless they are C1?? They have no choice but to settle with all debtors Personal or Corporate.I hear that Corporate Bankruptcy will be going up... They[Banks] created this bedlem and now they can wallow in it. Bad Karma!!!!
Last edited by Emily on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:32 pm
Hi anxious1.Well i bowed to the pressure, my IVA has been approved but over a longer term. Still i am not happy about the amount to pay every month and it will take some getting used to. I have sort out my local butcher and greengrocers who will do me student deals.At least i will have no more dreadful phone calls or letters and i can start to heal.Whatever happens in the future i will never feel trapped and not know what to do. Please don't feel the same eh chuck.#13;#10;#13;#10;BR will always be an option, a tough decision to make, but no one is a criminal and by admitting you cannot cope is shows great strength. I am going to look at this as paying back all of the amazing times i have had, and look forward to qualifying and being totally debt free by the age of 40. Life begins. Chin up love
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA creditors meeting soon: wish me luck!”