Heard from my final Creditor

3 posts Page 1 of 1

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm
Hi all,

Had a worrying weekend as my last creditor was Sainsburys credit card and I'd sent off my proposal and cheque to them three weeks ago and I hadn't heard back from them although they'd banked my cheque.

I got my normal statement from them on Friday just paying off my cheque but adding charges for underpayment etc and no mention of my proposal for a DMP. Then on Saturday I got a letter from them telling me to make a payment for the shortfall and again no mention of my letter!

Anyway I rang them tonight and they couldn't of been nicer, spoke to a nice scottish girl who was really helpfull and confirmed that they were happy to put me on a DMP and from now on there wouldn't be any extra charges on the account and my interest rate would be very small, much like barclaycard.

So all three of my creditors have now accepted my proposals and I couldn't be happier. Okay I know I'm going to be paying off my debt for years but at least it's affordable debt now and who know I may be in a posotion to pay it off quicker in a couple of years.

To reiterate, I used the debt help charity website and sent all the letters etc myself. Only ever received one telephone call from a creditor which going by what some people have described on these forums is a miracle lol

At least I feel now I can move on with my life and have got my affairs in order, it can be done :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 pm
That's fantastic news!

I hope your DMP works out for you.

Good luck, and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 pm
It is great to hear that the Debt Charity website has helped someone enter into a DMP with their creditors. Although it is not always easy to "go it alone" in certain circumstances, and with supportive creditors, why not have a go!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Debt Management”