Hello..I'm new. Several questions

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 2 of 2

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Hi Blueskies. I would recommend McCambridge Duffy. Me and my husband have just gone into an interlocking iva with them and they have been brilliant, everyone I have spoke to along the way so far have been so nice and helpful. I can't remcommend them enough. I read quite a few reviews from people who had gone with them and they were all good. Michael Peoples works for them and he is always so helpful to.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:53 pm
It's not just yourself to blame, Blueskies --- OK, I guess we are all guilty of sailing a bit close to the wind, but other circumstances also conspired against us. Even the banks themselves are in no position to judge, having been massively bailed out by the taxpayer in the not so distant past.

Admitting a financial downfall is hard .... but it IS far better just to bite the bullet :-) When creditors ring just tell them you are planning to enter an IVA and give them your chosen IP's details. Do not get into any discussion (remember, 9 times out of 10, you will be speaking to someone in a call centre who only wants to get a payment out of you to hit his / her targets --- most don't even know what an IVA is!). Do not agree to make any payments on account as you cannot favour one creditor over another.

Try to log on to any accounts you can online and remove mobile and work contact numbers as soon as possible. You do not want calls at work !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Blueskies

Post by Blueskies » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:04 pm
Thank you sosilly. Will definitely bear them in mind. Michael has been very helpful to me today.

Foggy, you're completely right. Just feel its important that I accept blame for this. Even if not whole blame.

I've been checking online accounts today. Main concern is that they don't somehow get parents number as mum has dementia and dad is under enough stress but don't think they could or would.

nursecrippin

Post by nursecrippin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:10 am
Hiya, i wouldnt panic, i dont think they are allowed to contact your parents with reguards your debt.
When i decided to join my IVA MBNA were constantly phoning me, so i was sneaky and went online and changed my contact phone details to 00000, never heard from them again. But if i did have hassleing calls, my IVA firm (melanie Giles Team) got straight on it and they soon stopped.
Good luck with your IVA,
Heidi xxxx

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:30 pm
welcome to the forum
blueskies and well done for facing debts. Huge step. Bit of advice...wouldnt just go with normans recommendation. Like foggy said once signed up thats it for 5-6 years. You need to speak to a few IPs as there is variation. I would recommend Melanie Giles. Its definately worth shopping around as you are signing up for a substantial period of time so needs to be right. Good luck and well done again
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”