Hello

10 posts Page 1 of 1

l1dge

Post by l1dge » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 am
Hi, Just wanted to say hello. I've finally realised I can't go on with the way things are and have to do something about my financial situation. The last 3 years have been extremely tough financially and I have tried to battle through it and keep paying all the bills etc but it's finally got to the point where I just can't do it any more and so have started the process of looking into an IVA. I've found this website very useful and look forward to speaking with you all over the coming months / years.

l1dge

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am
Welcome to the forum. You will find this place extremely useful in answering ANY question you may have. Are you using IVA.com to pick a few companies to talk to. Remember to get a few opinions on whats the best course of action for you.

Oh,and well done for finally taking action,thats one of the biggest steps for all of us.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:56 am
Welcome to the forum. You have found a fantastic website, I am so glad I found it when I did as it has been a complete lifeline for me.

l1dge

Post by l1dge » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 am
Hi Paul, thanks, I went to IVA.com at 1am this morning, couldn't sleep ;-) Currently awaiting an assessment from ClearDebt.
And yes it was a big step to realise there are other options, and I don't have to feel like a failure for not paying all my debts.

Cheers
Lee
plasticdaft wrote:

Welcome to the forum. You will find this place extremely useful in answering ANY question you may have. Are you using IVA.com to pick a few companies to talk to. Remember to get a few opinions on whats the best course of action for you.

Oh,and well done for finally taking action,thats one of the biggest steps for all of us.

Paul

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:18 am
We have all had those feelings. My wife and I juggled our debts for probably 6 years before they became unmanageable,but the straw that broke the camels back was when we approached TSB for help and they offered us ANOTHER consolidation loan and offered to up our credit card limits! Talk about fuming!!

Do you have equity in property? Any idea of your total debts and who are they with?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

l1dge

Post by l1dge » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 am
I've never got any advice, always thought I could manage it myself, took the attitude that I got myself into this mess, I should be able to get myself out of it, not the right thinking I've come to realise though. It was the last consolidation loan that's put the final nail in the coffin for me.

So all in all, I'm skint.

Lee
Last edited by l1dge on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

l1dge

Post by l1dge » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:33 am
I'm glad I've finally decided to do something about the issue, and this place has helped me a lot so far.
I'm just starting out down the IVA route, fingers crossed it's going to help.

Lee
steppingstones wrote:

Welcome to the forum. You have found a fantastic website, I am so glad I found it when I did as it has been a complete lifeline for me.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:25 pm
Hi lee welcome to the forum from myself too x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:23 pm
Well done for making a difficult decision, and best of luck with your IVA application.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:02 pm
Good luck from me as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”