hello

7 posts Page 1 of 1

cluelessfool

Post by cluelessfool » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:08 pm
Hi all,

I have just got my first proper home local council property in nearly 10 years and 2 of my kids with me,now i have several debts that need to be addressed largest single one is CCJ for 34000,credit card 2500, bank overdraft 2000 and a couple of smaller ones,i had been paying 300 a month off the biggest for about a year then the company i worked for went bust,i have a new job starting a week monday but involves security check and is asking for financial details, i have moved around a lot and debts are at different addresses i just want to sort it out and have a plan for the future,hopefully the job clearance comes through and i can move forward,just confessing i guess and saying hi .
help me obi-wan your my only hope

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:43 pm
Hi cluelessfool and welcome to the forum,

Great news about your new job! Just be honest when answering any questions and hopefully you'll be fine.

Are you considering an IVA as a way forward?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:13 pm
Hi there and a warm welcome to the forum - and my conggratulations on getting a new job

How much do you feel you could afford to set aside to repay creditors on a monthly basis, once you have taken account of all your household and general expenditure, including a modest allowance for social and leisure activities?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

cluelessfool

Post by cluelessfool » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:03 am
Julie wrote:

Hi cluelessfool and welcome to the forum,

Great news about your new job! Just be honest when answering any questions and hopefully you'll be fine.

Are you considering an IVA as a way forward?
hi julie i have been reading up on it maybe a possibility ?

cluelessfool

Post by cluelessfool » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 am
MelanieGiles wrote:

Hi there and a warm welcome to the forum - and my conggratulations on getting a new job

How much do you feel you could afford to set aside to repay creditors on a monthly basis, once you have taken account of all your household and general expenditure, including a modest allowance for social and leisure activities?
hi melanine,

i have only been in the house a week so have no idea of household bills as of yet,never had the kids live with me on my own ? salary for job will be 18000 a year rent is 400 a month waiting for council tax bill to land on doorstep,things very busy just trying to get a plan worked out and sit down and work out what i can afford to put aside ,thanks for asking and the welcome :)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:16 am
Take your time, and wait until you have a better idea of your ongoing expenditure before committing to any long-term debt repayment plan.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:10 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from myself too. It will work out for you I'm sure, give it a little time to get your income and expenditure right and then maybe talk to 2 or 3 companies in respect of all debt solutions. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”