Help and advise Needed

79 posts Page 2 of 6

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:20 am
I would actually keep your phone contract going!! They dont credit check you each year,so when your contract comes up for renewal just renew it.
People think your credit file stops when you enter an IVA an "has had it for 6 years" this isnt strictly true!
I am just remortgaging in an IVA and have been told that as my credit file shows i have been paying my mobile bill without fail for the last 2 years in my IVA this has gone some way to help repair my credit file!!
The same has applied to my sky contract!
I stopped paying all my debts months before my IVA was agreed and it hasnt really affected my credit rating.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:22 am
Hiya Caraf, your trying to sort your problems out and that's the main thing. As we are going bankrupt I'm not sure on IVA's but from what I see on the forum your IP will negotiate with all your creditors to set up your IVA. Your daughters will understand about christmas-we have 4 kids and they are all fine about not having as many presents this year. You could try ebay, you can pick up new as well as used things and it can work out much cheaper. For next year I saw on the forum news about the Post Office doing a saving plan from next year, put your money in and you can't withdraw it until November,out of temptations way. I'm certainly going to look into it-providing they don't carry out credit searches we all should be ok. Why not go to your doctor about your sleepless nights? My Dr was very helpful, just talking to someone not connected to the problems we are having helped enormously. Stay positive and keep smiling, it releases happy hormones....

Learning as I go along and getting wiser all the time!!!
It's nice to be back......

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:33 am
Hi. Can I sell items on ebay to raise money for Christmas ?? is that ok to do ??
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:40 am
An IVA isnt THAT strict, they dont trawl your bank accounts and question every penny going in and out...you do still have a certain amount of freedom.
someone posted about E bay last week. as long as your only selling bits and pieces,and not the ferraris and yachts you bought with all the credit you should be ok!

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:43 am
Hi there Caraf
This is the worst time while everything is being set up and the calls start. Believe me you will get through it just stay polite refer them to your company and dont let them push you into making any payment. If they are aggressive just say you are terminating the call. Mobile phone contract is ok keep it, but changing to another supplier would be credit checked and you may not get through. Upgrading with your present supplier should not be a prob, car insurance is ok paying monthly as it is not really credit as such you actually pay in advance thus the deposit at first, if you dont pay you just wont be insured.
Try not to worry about xmas just get the kids what you can. Tell friends you are cutting back if they dont mind and will just be sending cards. You will be ok stay strong and come on here if you need a moan or bit of support with any worries.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:50 am
I will be selling mainly unwanted clothes and shoes on ebay to raise money for Christmas is that ok ??
53 down 7 to go !!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:51 am
Will they check bank statements or not at review time. What will they want to look at ??
53 down 7 to go !!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:53 am
Are you allowed breaks away and holidays if you can afford ??
53 down 7 to go !!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:54 am
There was a posting the other day and it was suggested that as long as your not making lots of money that's fine. I know I was advised by CAB that it was ok to sell personal items through ebay etc. It's also a way of clearing any clutter so it's a double bonus....

Learning as I go along and getting wiser all the time!!!
It's nice to be back......

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:55 am
Selling on ebay is not much different to a boot sale. Holidays are fine if you cann save for them or family takes you.

Ang

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:58 am
they asked me for the last 3 months, but never questioned them.they will want proof of your mortgage/rent, council tax,electricity etc. just to check it is in line with your expenditure. i had to prove my electric had rocketed etc due to higher energy bills so it does help you.
i think quite a few members went on Sun newspaper holidays this year. i did a week in spain.
You dont have to give up your life for 5 years,just adjust it to suit your new costings.

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:00 am
I have listed my creditors in order of the biggest first does anyone know the trend of how they vote. I would like to know what my chances are of getting it passed with a payment of £500 per month.
Is Clearstart a good company to be with, what is there success rate ??
53 down 7 to go !!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:03 am
jpj wrote:

they asked me for the last 3 months, but never questioned them.they will want proof of your mortgage/rent, council tax,electricity etc. just to check it is in line with your expenditure. i had to prove my electric had rocketed etc due to higher energy bills so it does help you.
i think quite a few members went on Sun newspaper holidays this year. i did a week in spain.
You dont have to give up your life for 5 years,just adjust it to suit your new costings.
53 down 7 to go !!

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 am
From what ive read on here I wouldnt worry too much about that list..at least you havent got Northern Rock on it!!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:04 am
Hi jpj , thanks for that which company is your iva with and did it get passed first time ??
53 down 7 to go !!
79 posts Page 2 of 6
Return to “hot hot hot topics in 2007 ! more than 60 replies”