Help and advise Needed

79 posts Page 3 of 6

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 am
This is fantstic the response I am getting I feel so much better already. Thank you
53 down 7 to go !!
Cant wait till December 2012

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:15 am
It did get passed first time!! I had debts of £130k and have to pay back 18p in the £. Low I know,but my creditors knew they wouldnt get any more!
I wouldnt like to say who im with as im just organising to complete my IVA early and i wouldnt want to put any spanners in the works! but they have been ok. If I had my time again I would have gone with melanie Giles from this site. you can check out reviews of all iva companies at IVA.com which might help you. I would see how your current company does for now.it is in their interests to get your IVA passed!

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:52 am
Caraf..have you stopped paying creditors yet? Or are you still attempting to pay? When I was at your stage (not many weeks ago) I still had thousands available on credit cards, but robbing peter to pay paul to meet the monthly payments.
If my credit rating was checked at this point they wouldn't have found missed payments.
I knew I had to do something and fast...it was eventually going to become a crisis anyway and this way I ad more control.
Stop panicking...easy to say.
Try and consider your options. EG soon you will not have to pay your cards back, hence you will have at least a months debt money before your IVA is set up. This money can be put on one side for xmas? How old are your daughters? My kids are 14 and 10. I have said we have a strict budget.Amazingly they appear absolutely fine about this. They are used to not being able to see the xmas tree on the big day. They have said what they want, and ,within reason they will get it .
I'm doing a trail xmas lunch today for the family using mainly tesco basics (I'll let you know how the cheap 79p mints went down) This is someone who thought I could afford M&S for 'special occassion'.
Your IVA has not been accepted as yet so any income is surely yours ie Ebay sales.And, because I was fairly proactive I haven't had terrifying phone calls (hope they don't start now!!!)I wrote to every creditors, explaining I was experiencing finacial difficulty and not to contact me directly but to speak with xxxxx at Clear Start. I've had a few letters selling my debts on and a few warning me that my credit rating will be affected. I've passed these ditectly to Clear Start.
Try not to drive yourself mad with the what ifs because from my limited experience they are worse than the reality.
I must be having a good day? Your turn to pick me up tomorrow. This forum has been absolutely fantastic for me to hear and be heard and be scared and be sensible.
Off now to prepare sprouts and ball melons.
Catx

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:38 pm
Can my creditors start looking back at what I have bought and asking for stuff to be returned ??
53 down 7 to go !!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:44 pm
I am going to write to all my creditors this afternoon advising them of my difficulties, what should I say in the letter ??
53 down 7 to go !!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:50 pm
Hi Cat 1, who at clearstart did you deal with, who put your proposal together for you ?? Was it passed first time, what was your personal situation, how much in the £ are you paying back.
I have opened my new bank account and moved all the Direct Debits I need to. Yes I have stopped paying my creditors but have had lots of letters and phone call, so I am going to write to them all this afternoon, what you you suggest I say in my letter. My daughters are 15 and 12. The other thing I am worried about is my daugthers wants to go to university soon how am I going to pay for that ??
53 down 7 to go !!

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:51 pm
Hi, I have read your posts and I really feel for you. The waiting is awful, I had an IVA accepted in October, 59 paymemts to go, I used Clearstart who were marvellous, my case officer was a lady called Joanne Rowan, she answered all my queries quickly and efficiently.
I had 9 creditors and only four voted!!! my biggest creditor was Lloyds they did not vote, I was very suprised.
There are modifications but all seem standard and noting that would worry me.
When my creditors phoned and phoned, Mercers being the worst, they act for Littlewoods. I referred them to Joanne at Clearstart.
When my IVA was actually aproved I still got calls from Mercers, I told them my situation, they still tried to get money off me, so I told them that even if I had available funds I could not pay them, as this would be preferring a creditor and I cannot do that. I changed my mobile contract to a cheaper one I did this pre IVA. I saved 10.00 a month, I also changed contents insurance provider and saved 8.00 a month. I set up a new account with the co op so far so good with that, I also set up a savings acount so I can trasfer my contingency money each month. I have never budgeted like tis before and I am actually enjoying the reality of it all. I do eat some strange teas the week before pay day but what the hell, Im not going hungry, and most of all I am not getting furter into debt.
You are with a good company, they will do right by you, they want this to be accepted as well you know. Who is your nominee?
Try notto worry to much and keep posting, there is no such thing as a daft question, if you dont know then ask. Good luck

Ghostboy

Post by Ghostboy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:55 pm
Hi Caraf,

With almost identical creditors to yours and debts of over £60k, my proposal offering a dividend of 25.6p/£ was accepted straight away. Tell anyone who calls you that you are seeking independent credit advice (I contacted CCCS who gave me a reference number which I quoted to these people, helped me draw up a budget and set me off on way to an IVA). From the moment I contacted CCCS, I paid not one single penny until I V A was approved. I couldn't anyway, I was that far down.At the beginning it is very frightening and no one can tell you otherwise. But you are going in the right direction. Don't panic, stay realistic and I promise you it will get better.

One time irresponsible borrower of irresponsible lenders' money!!!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:00 pm
Hi Ghostboy, Matt Chandler is my case manager, have you heard of him ??
53 down 7 to go !!

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:04 pm
Hi Marsha1, I am currentlt with Clearstart and my case manager is Matt Chandler, have you heard of him ?? I am proposing to pay £500 per month but he telling me that the creditors will only get 21.4p in the £. That means clearstart are charging £12k for my case, 0.14p in the £ for clearstart, that all sounds a lot of money
53 down 7 to go !!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:06 pm
Fees at that level are unlikely to be acceptable to creditors, given the very low return you are offering.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Ghostboy

Post by Ghostboy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 pm
caraf wrote:

Hi Ghostboy, Matt Chandler is my case manager, have you heard of him ??
Hi Caraf,

Sorry - don't know him - my IVA company was Grant Thornton (recommended to me)

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:22 pm
Should I sign a proposal with these fees on it ??
53 down 7 to go !!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:00 pm
Well I think you ought to ask your IP to justify the basis of those fees, and ask whether they feel they will be acceptable.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

caraf

Post by caraf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:25 pm
Ok. Thanks
53 down 7 to go !!
79 posts Page 3 of 6
Return to “hot hot hot topics in 2007 ! more than 60 replies”