help-getting married on 28th December

25 posts Page 1 of 2

james.c

Post by james.c » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:41 pm
I am getting married a week on sunday.

Despite me working and me and Bev having twins, we have manageged to get everything done ready for the wedding.

Until today -

I had not wrote me speech, i ahve spent hours doing it today and very nervous if its any good, i dont want to test it out on anybody whos going to be at the wedding as i want it to be s suprise.

If i posted it on here, even though their will be the odd thing no one will understand, would any one give me their honest opionion?

liberta

Post by liberta » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Hi James,

I can't speak for the moderators but, personally I would love to read your wedding speach and give you feed back.

From reading your past posts, I am sure that the other posters would as well.

I am also looking forward to seeing a picture the twins in their bridesmaids
dresses in the new year.

Crikey in another 11 days you will be a married man - getting nervous yet?
Kind regards, Elizabeth Pywowarczuk, Insolvency Practitioner.

If you would like me to advise you about an IVA and if appropriate propose one for you, please visit my website at www.liberta.uk.com

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:47 pm
James, it would be an absolute pleasure
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:48 pm
Providing there's nothing rude in it I certainly don't have a problem!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:50 pm
Hi James
Wow your life really is back on track..........so pleased for you.
Please post your speach
Regards
Andam Davies

poppy

Post by poppy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 pm
It would be a privilege.

james.c

Post by james.c » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:56 pm
thank you, here goes-

On behalf of me and my wife, I would like to thank you for coming today, we are really pleased that our close friends and family are sharing this special day with us, without you it would have been a whole lot cheaper, but that’s beside the point.

I had written a speech, but now that were married Bev as done one for me.

I could not ask to be with a better women than Bev, she loves for who I am, and never really tried changed me at all, and even let me have a motorbike, and gave me the best thing any one could give me which was Alana and Anabelle, but most of all the love she gives to me.

They often say when a single bloke lives with a women, she changes him, which to be fair never she never really as done, shes tried god bless her, but when you are with some one you do change, I like to think I have for the better, my lifestyle as changed which I am more then happy with and the fact that I live 22 miles away from the royal oak in upperthong, instead of 300 yards as nothing to do with it all.

I met Bev in a club in Barnsley called Funny Girls, now I don’t know weather that says something about Bev or me.

I have never believed in fate before, but neither of us should have been their that night, it was a last minute decision for us both to go to Barnsley. Any way I was strutting my stuff on the dance floor, and Bev was standing at the side, and she saw a handsome dark haired man and come over, you got it, it wasn’t me it was one of my friends, but as she got closer she learnt the error of her ways. In fact he should be coming tonight so as Jim would say on bullseye – Have a look at what you could have had.

Apparently today is the best day of my life, so I ask all married blokes here does that mean its all down hill for here (pause), yes like I thought your all dieing to nod, but your touch much under thumb.

I am probably biased but I don’t care, when I first saw Bev today, I thought she was the beautiful and stunning bride I have ever seen, and I know were going to have a fantastic life together. As well as her good looks she as a excellent sense of humour, she’s talented, gorgeous (Look to Bev), what does that say, I cant read your writing…
Seriously, Bev is not just my wife, but my best friend as well.

We never really argue, Bev shouts and throws baby bottles, and I just cover my head and hope for the best, as the bottles going flying past.

But I understand the biggest arguments couples have is about money, we have found the secret as to not having arguments about money – if you don’t have any you cant argue about it.

Talking about money, its been an expensive year this year with the arrival of Anabelle and Alana, the christening, the wedding and the honeymoon, but credit were its due Bev as been very good at budgeting, she as cut me down to one meal a day, and she as cut her phone calls down to 30 a day.

They say the three most stressful things in life is getting married, having children and selling your house, but yet we bit the bullet, and did all three in one year, so if we can get through all that as couple everything else should be easy.

Like any couple when we first met we discussed different things, one of the subjects was children, were Ashleigh was 14 at the time, and Bev said that her child rearing years was over with, but after a couple of months she thought that we should have one together, the optimum word been one, but then we found out at a scan it was twins, Ashleigh was their and me and Ashleigh grinned like Cheshire cats and Bev, well screamed the hospital down, but now we wouldn’t have it any other way.

9 months soon went by and Bev went in to labour, when I walked in the Labour room I had visions that it was going to be like the only fools and horses episode when Raquel was in labour and shouting at Del never to come near her again, it turned out to be the best day of my life and would live it over and over again.

I have to take my hat of to Bev, it as been hard when I am working or go away on business she is left with Alana and Anabelle 24/7, and I am amazed how she as found ways to manage, very early on she learnt to be able to hold them both at the same time while bottle feeding them. I did not realise until Alana and Anabelle came along how much spare time we actually had, 90% of the time we are on our own with no help, but we have coped, especially Bev god know’s how but we have, in the first three months Bev’s friend Lynnn use to come round every night for an hour or two to help out, with out her we would have literally not been able to eat, also to give us a break my parents have them one weekend a month, which gives us chance to catch up with sleep, if you ever want to make that one week a month, just say.

You will be pleased to know I am over half way through my speech, and to break tradition, and wake the ones who have fallen asleep we are going to have a quiz.

1 – what does mis and min stand for?

2 – How do you know the name of a reindeer?

3 – What does the Tan Hill Pub, Easter Eggs, sheep and Good Friday have in Common?

4 – Is Dover the only ferry port in the uk?

I would like to thank my parents, always been their and for their guidance through life, hence the reason, I have turned out like I have, before any one laughs that is meant as compliment.

To thank me and my Mum and Dad for all the support they have shown for me and Bev, I have something for them (Gift).

I would like to Thank the staff at Whiltely Hall, the meal was beautiful, (look at Bev), talking of beautiful I would like to thank the bridesmaids, not for today but also the help and support in making this such special day for us, well actually first all the Matron of Honour – Donna(Gift), and now Ashleigh, look at her smile, as from a couple of hours ago you became my legal step daughter, is she still smiling. (Gift)

Bev doesn’t have much close family but what she does have they make up for it, and that’s Glynn, Lorraine and Jamie, and Bev I know was thrilled when Glynn agreed to give her away (Gift).

Also I can now say my two Nephews Jamie and Benjamin, were brilliant page boys, , (Gifts).

I have always thought I have been lucky with having a good sets of friends, even with moving to Barnsley in a another county I still keep in regular touch with them, I have known them for along time and they are good set of friends, even though the odd gipsy amongst them once whipped me – but that’s another story, one person that does stand out is my best man Eggy.

Eggy is always been a good friend, when I needed a some were to live for two weeks, he welcomed me in to his house, well in fact it was my birthday and met in a local pub, with all my clothes in my car, went back to his house, were a full fridge of beer was lying their in wait, several hours later empty, but was soon filled the following day, no need tell you about the next 2 weeks, it would be like ground hog day.

He helped me and Bev a lot including helping me build an hide away, I mean office at the back of the garage.

He organised a fantastic stag do, even though nothing to do with Eggy, I didn’t enjoy the Sunday afternoon, but less said about that the better.

Heres a gift for Eggy to thank him for been the best man, if you think about it’s a contradiction in terms really, if he were the best man, you’d think he would be marrying Bev.

That just leaves me to do my bit and thank the bridesmaids, but before I do I need to tell you a small secret about Eggy, I think its only fair to tell you that he as a rare medical condition, he basically lives in a parallel world to every one else, and often tells story’s, which he honestly believes to be true, so during his speech, please Humour him.

Please be up standing and join me in a toast to the Bridesmaids..

To the Bridesmaids.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:57 pm
Me too - I'll get my tissues out now!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:05 pm
Oh James thats lovely. Im sure its going to be a very very special day for all concerned.
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm
Sounds good to me James! Should go down well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

liberta

Post by liberta » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:07 pm
Sounds great to me. If I don't post you before then have an absoultely fantastic day.
Kind regards, Elizabeth Pywowarczuk, Insolvency Practitioner.

If you would like me to advise you about an IVA and if appropriate propose one for you, please visit my website at www.liberta.uk.com

c.j

Post by c.j » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:34 pm
What a lovely speech. Good luck and best wishes to you all.[:)][:)]
Iva finished !

poppy

Post by poppy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:37 pm
James, that is a fantastic speech. I was crying reading it! It is touching, loving and funny, it will go down a storm. You clearly have a talent for writing speeches. I wouldnt change a thing.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:40 pm
Wow - she sounds one fantastic lady, and make sure you post some photos on the site after the wedding. Great speech, but what are the answers to the quiz questions?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

james.c

Post by james.c » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:14 pm
1- she often asked me why is said on the roads outside of meadowhall what mis and min meant, i looked on day, it actually said M1 South and M1 North.

2 - Last year we went to pick a xmas tree and their were reindear their and she kept shouting barbara and every one looked at her, i asked her i she knew the name, she called me stupid and said its on the sign post flapping in the wind, it actually said beware BARBed wire

3 - we got engagaed their, i put a the ehgagment ring round the neck of a choclate sheelp, when she eventually opened it, the ring went flying

4- i go to ireland alot on ferry, she always thought i went from dover, she didnt knoe their were any other ferrys ports in th uk
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “talking about ...”