Help! Husbands Credit rating affected?

22 posts Page 2 of 2

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:59 pm
They don't disassociate certain accounts ! - when the file is requested by the credit provider the agency provides an associate link which the provider can either take into account or not.

The only way to disassociate is if the financial affairs have no connection at all.

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 pm
Re the start of the post - a credit search is done by first name, surname, address and dob.

The problem will be the financial association,

bev.nn

Post by bev.nn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:56 pm
Thanks - but am bit confused now! Andie is saying that I request hubby to be disassociated from my sole debts, but Storm are you saying that it still won't make a difference?

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:34 pm
Hi, also my husband has requested a Argos Card, and he has been turned down, even though i have disassociated him from me ! Does this mean he will never be able to get credit because of me ! If so that is so unfair, as the unsecured debts were mine and not his, he didn't even know about them !

tigger

Post by tigger » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:40 pm
Hi Debbi,

Given the APR of the Argos Card, he's probably had a lucky escape!

bev.nn

Post by bev.nn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:09 pm
I've been looking on Internet trawling for anything that would define ''disassociation'' and it appears that as long as I have a financial connection with my husband - which I have via the mortgage, then he cannott be disasscoiated from me. Again, I agree with Debbi - my iva was all credit card and loans ie. unsecured debts that my husband wasnt aware of either. This does seem a farcical situation. He's supported me massively through a very difficult time yet appears to be being punished for something thats not his fault!

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:17 pm
I totally agree ! My Husband said that in year 4 of my IVA, he would go get a bank loan instead of remortgaging on our property, but if this has affected him as well he won't be able to.. !
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for april”