help i don't know if in right place

26 posts Page 1 of 2

elldina

Post by elldina » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:31 pm
today got a call someone asked for a person i don't know when i said not known at this address take no off your register he said whats your name i said no you can't have it as you have intruded on my privacy and ive told you that person is not known to me he said we can help with your debt i said no thaank you whats your name and company name he muttered company name sounded like debt but did not catch it i asked again for his name he said superman i asked again for the company name he laughed at me and said longdown he then laughed and said why are you asking questions i can help with your debt i said your details he said james bond haha i then asked for a supervisor he said no i asked again no haha their dead i put the phone down he rang again and said its oo7 james bond haha so put phone down he rang again he said a can't understand why you don't remember me haha said id report him he laughed and put phone down on me
so i phone my phone company they can't trace with held nos as its legal to use withheld nos suggest i contact tps so ring them can't help as he aleady has no suggest information commissioner they can't help as i don't have the name of the company to correct the information on their files but suggest i ring the police to get them to help trace the call otherwise i will continue to get calls so the little twerp gets off as he's protected to harrass me sorry anyone any ideas or advice it seems trivial to go police about this all i wanted was his company name to make an offical complaint about his behaviour i do hope the conversations where recorded and his superiors listen to them
elldina xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:43 pm
How awful for you elldina, what an absolutely appalling way for a grown person to act and what a terrible representative of any company.

I can't help you with what to do and hopefully he'll never ring again but if a company name could be found an official complaint could be logged.

These companies are bad enough cold calling without having to endure listening to utter rubbish.

Hope you're ok? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm
Oh Elldina what a horrible experience for you!

To be honest I would contact the police, I don't see this as trivial at all and if he continues to phone you then he will get his come uppance.

In the meantime, when he phones just put the receiver next to a radio and blast his eardrums out! Leave him dangling there for an hour or so and he ( or his compnay) will soon get fed up.

Hope you're ok xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:01 pm
That's dreadful Elldina.

It may be that he was just fishing for your details, and well done for sticking to your guns.

If he phones again, get a whistle and blow it down the phone - it really hurts and should probably get rid of him.

If they do persist, see about changing your number.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 pm
It would be useful that if he does ring gain Elldina to ask for his full company name and details of their consumer credit licence. I very much doubt that you will get any more calls, however, from this chancer!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

elldina

Post by elldina » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 am
he rang again 3 times this eve my hubby answered the 1st time as we were expecting a call from his father , the bloke asked for the person again so hubby asked for his company name and his name he said superman my hubby said times must be tough superman working in a callcentre and put phone down he rang again and we left it ring and the next time i picked up the phone but didnt speak and he was saying hello are you there etc i think its time for police as thats 6 calls after initial call when he was told the person in question was not at this address will see if we get a pattern as he rang 4 times around 1pm and 3 times 6pm till 630 pm
thanks everyone for listening i just hope other people arent getting this nasty twerp especially vulnerable people

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:07 am
I would definitely inform the police and hopefully they'll trace the call and put a stop to it. As you say some in a vulnerable position receiving these calls may cause even more distress.

I hope he leaves you alone for now but I would definitely run it by the police now that he has rung back again.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 am
This is disgraceful, if this is a debt advisory company touting for business in such manner. It is worth calling their bluff to see who they are, so that an official complaint can be made to the company itself, the debt company who are clearly behind it and the OFT.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:07 am
Next time he calls and asks for "Mrs x" pretend to be her, pretend to be interested in his proposal so you can get his company details. Then report him.

Nasty so and so that he is!

elldina

Post by elldina » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 am
he s called again twice so called local police who are sending officer round and have been told will probably be passed over to malicious calls unit

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:57 am
Glad you've phoned the police Elldina - hope they trace his number.

xx

mumofthree

Post by mumofthree » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 pm
Hi,
I have been having phone calls the last week from some foreign man from a company called Galaxy Debt something or other, to be honest I couldnt tell what the rest was. I dont know if this is the same company or not. But they get quite rude when you tell them you are already going through the IVA process!

elldina

Post by elldina » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:27 pm
it could be mumofthree what irritates me the most is i am not c....... s........ and my name sounds nothing like it hopefully the police will find out and he'l get a shock . if it where for me i'd give my ips name and not be bothered as much but the initial call was for a stranger and
melanie i have asked for his company name and been told not telling you my husband asked the company name and he said not telling you its superman again i asked repeatedly in the first call the name of the company over and over to get the flipant remarks superman etc
i only answred this morning as my sister in law had been to see if there was problem with her pregnancy and had just had a text off her telling me she was very upset as they thought there was a problem so thought it was her wanting to talk and i didnt need this worm of a man calling again so it made me act xxxe

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:44 pm
I'm glad the police are involved elldina - this nasty piece of work needs stopping.

What a nightmare for you to have suffer these calls.

I hope the police can trace him for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

elldina

Post by elldina » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:00 pm
police have been taken details think its a legitimate company and initially legit call put then became flipant and stupid , havent had any more calls since the last one this morning when i told him i was calling the police they will discuss with colleagues as to what to do next he said but he told us if he calls again to say police are involved and to inform the police again
26 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”