help i don't know if in right place

26 posts Page 2 of 2

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm
Lets hope the threat of the police has ended the calls.

xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm
At the very least he deserves the sack - you don't talk to people like that.

I hope the threat of the police has put him off. If he does call again I would give him the police officers details and the station he works from.

That may work.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm
...and just say at the start of the call that you're recording the call for police purposes! Bet he hangs up!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 pm
I would have used 2 words, the second one being off! I'm so sorry that you're having all this hassle Elldina and I hope the police can sort it out.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:23 pm
I'm with you there Skip - I think he would probably have ended up reporting me as I would really have let rip - and I know more than a few choice words!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 pm
Jan - can the police try and trace these calls would you know?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:44 am
They used to be able to, but of course that was in the days before you could hide your number.

I'm sure that they probably still can.

Hopefully, the calls will stop now he knows the police are involved, but it is such a pity that we don't know who the company is so that he at least could get the sack.

Elldina hasn't said, but what's the betting it's from an Indian call centre?
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 am
I hope now the Police are involved the calls cease, but what a shame it had to come to this over someone's very immature behaviour.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 am
I remember I had a phone call from a London company, when I wouldn't give details she basically tried to make out she had a very personal relationship with my hubby!

It seems if they don't get what they want, then the nastiness comes out.

elldina

Post by elldina » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 am
jan your guess could well be right ;) so far call free ,i wasnt scared or worried i just wanted to report him to a supervisor/ manager for his unproffesional behaviour . i think its ridiculous that people that do harrasing calls using withheld numbers are protected and the phone companies won't/dont trace the calls for you and they charge to block withheld numbers which would not help me as i have family abroad and their no's are shown up as withheld all i wanted was the companies name i'd have found the head office no and address and made an official complaint as it is ive had to call the police who have better things to do than deal with an idiot in a call centre being stupid , i was thinking of other people who might have given details out and you don't know how they would have been used xxxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:11 pm
Thought so. Doesn't excuse the appalling behaviour though.

Can you change your number? You can always tell relatives you have been receiving nuisance calls - you don't have to say who from.
Bob Marley.
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”