HELP! I feel trapped in my job due to my IVA

19 posts Page 2 of 2

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:02 pm
Hi Zebede & a warm welcome to the forum from me.

Im just catching up on the forum today, & I have to agree with what everyone has said regarding your health & family must come first. I know what its like to work so many hours & you really will burn out at some point, its just not worth it. Your wife & little boys need you, so much more than your creditors do.

Let us know how you get on & Im sure a solution can be found for you.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

zebede

Post by zebede » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:03 pm
Thank you to everyone who is giving me advice and support, it really does help. I think deep down I've always known I can't keep up this level of working time and I'm just at the point now where it's got to be dealt with - crunch time you might say.
I think I'll wait for the offer to come officially about the new job (hopefully this will happen in the next few days or so) and when I know the full facts I can try to put together a proper income and expenditure log. Then I'll call my IP and hope they can see where I'm coming from.

(Just found out from my wife that our weekly child tax credits have not been renewed for the new tax year too, wonderful NOT)
Last edited by zebede on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:38 pm
If you take a lower paid job the tax credits might be restored. You should notify your IP about the removal of the tax credits as this is going to impact on you immediately and could also provide additional justification for a change of job.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:05 pm
Hi Zebede -
I hope you find out about the new job soon & I hope it works out for you. Just going on what Micheal has said above regarding tax credits, if you do take a lower paid job the tax credits could be restored.
I know they work on what you have earned in the previous year, but if you know that you are going to earn less then you can give them this figure this year.
If you have an idea of what your new monthly/yearly salary is going to be, you can find out what you may be entitled for via this link:

https://www.turn2us.entitledto.co.uk/en ... lator.aspx

I myself have used it & found it to be pretty accurate, and a friend of mine used it & found theirs to be too.

Just thought it might help & give you an idea - good luck, let us know how you get on x
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “bankruptcy may be the best option”