Help please

18 posts Page 2 of 2

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri May 30, 2008 7:54 pm
Can your mother not buy the house, but put it in her name or a further relative's name just until after the bankruptcy or IVA route is over so that it is assured that nothing will happen to the money/value etc
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri May 30, 2008 8:11 pm
Put it in the kids joint names,cant see it being touched then(though they may at a later date decide to divorce you as parents and kick you both out!!!)
Sorry to make light of a serious subject but the fact that someone is willing to buy you a house is surely of great comfort to you.
All you have to do now is convinced your husband to do the right thing(its a man thing you know,not being able to admit you have failings!!!)(I should know,the wife had to talk me into the CAB to discuss my debt juggling act 73k of debt is hard to juggle believe me!!!)
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Hi Sylvia

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. What a sensible thing for your mum to do, at least it would give some security for you and the children. I'm not sure about these things, but mum would need to make sure that it didn't involve anything to do with Inheritance Tax or anything like that as there are all sorts of funny rules and regulations.

Paul Jones who is an expert on the site and posts as Reviva might be a useful person to speak with at this stage. Paul often uses the phrase "putting your ducks in a row" which might be something that you need to think about as you embark on this journey i.e to plan things one step at a time. Perhaps having the house set up after your husband has petitioned for bankruptcy. I'm sure phoning Paul will be a help.

Keep in touch with the forum Sylvia and let us know how you get on, we're all here to help.

Debbie
Debbie
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for may”