HELP - possible IVA failure not my fault?

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
3 posts Page 1 of 1

hess23

Post by hess23 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:28 pm
Hi - I am not sure this is the right place.

I am 3 years out of 6 year IVA.

I wrote to my IVA company in January to explain I had split from my husband, my finances had changed and provided a correct and up to date I&E form. They, over several weeks, sent it back and forth with incorrect amendments on, despite me sending the correct form beginning of January.

Finally, mid February they accepted what I'd originally sent them several weeks earlier and said it would go the mediation team or whoever to get my new recommended payment £100 p/m agreed (prev £230). In the meantime I paid £100 to cover Jan.

I sent several chaser emails - no response. Due to like to have everything in writing i continued with the emails.

Then last week I received a email with a 'Red Letter of Arrears' advising my IVA would fail. I paid the £100 i could afford and emailed them back to explain I have done everything possible in my power to get this resolved and it was in fact their company not doing what was needed. That was a week ago - I have again chased 3 times, no response.

I am very worried my IVA is going to fail - simply because it seems the company cant resolve it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:37 pm
At the very least they should have agreed a payment break while your new finances were being sorted out. I would make a formal complaint ( by registered mail ... so signed for) addressed directly to your IP ... keeping copies. Request a break be agreed now, retrospectively. For speed you can email the complaint advising that, for record purposes, a signed for hard copy is being sent.

If they do not respond satisfactorily, you can escalate the complaint to their regulatory body, via the government gateway --- often the threat of this makes them listen !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

hess23

Post by hess23 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:25 am
Hi,

yes this is what i equally requested - but they didn't honor that either.

Do you know if there's a template I could use to write the complaint? I am not sure what I would write? I have chased them several times and still no response. Its really stressing me out now.

Thank you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”