help reload

15 posts Page 1 of 1

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:58 pm
Hi

I topped up my pre pay maestro yesterday at 12 o clock at the post office but the money has not been credited. i have a receipt and have phoned but cannot speak to anyone who can help me as they do not work weekends. really worried, I usually top up on Thurdsay with no problem. Its from extremecred.com. I cannot find out where my money has gone. Has anyone else had this problem?

LILY
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:36 pm
Lily,

I know it can take up to 24 hours to go through....i have this card. i have just dug out the information i got with the card and it does say that if you top up at a post office then funds will be available the next 'working' day.....now i know Post Offices, like Banks, work on Saturdays but do they class Saturday as a working day or the machine they swipe it throug...is Saturday classed as a 'working' day? If not then it will not hit your account until Monday.....fingers crossed it will be in your account on Monday!...let me know...if this is the case then i will bear this in mind when i top up in the future. I am sure it will be ok and that it will be in on Monday...but it is pain if you needed the money now!

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:02 pm
thanks bluebelle

Youre probably right, I hope it will be there on Monday, I will let you know. I was in such a panic, just feeling really alone right now and so glad you replied. I did have some funds in my account so I can manage. Thanks for digging stuff out for me.

LILY
LILY

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:08 pm
Lily,

Well i am glad you mentioned it because like you, no doubt at some point i would have paid in on a friday and expect to see it on saturday and panicked.....i do have a feeling that Saturday is not classed as a working day...i think most banks only clear cheques Mon to Fri (ie that is what they class as working days) and i reckon the Post Office works in a similar way.

Anyway..fingers crossed it will be in there on Monday

Regards

Bluebelle

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:32 pm
Lily,

Did you money go onto your account/card today?

Regards

Bluebelle

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:40 pm
Hi Bluebelle

Yes it did. Went out to do some Christmas shopping and it hadnt gone on early this morning but I visited a cyber cafe in town and there it was. Extreme had tried to phone several times when I was out they said if you top up on a Friday at the post office it will not go on until Monday, so you were right thanks.

LILY
LILY

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm
PS I am now going for a shot of common sense and some chill pills!!!!

LILY
LILY

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:40 pm
Hi Lily,

I am relieved for you..something I must bear in mind if I ever top up on Friday or Saturday.

I really admire your courage and spirit in the situation you are in.

I think there is truth in the saying 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!'

Take care

Bluebelle

freelili

Post by freelili » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:05 pm
Thanks Bluebelle

I feel as if I am swimming across a channel to life on other side. When things like that happen it feels like I am sinking, its also lonley, isnt it?. Not as if you can bring it up in casual conversation really. I will get there though.

I think you've been great, sorting out your IVA so quickly and always ready to help others

Thanks so much.

LILY
LILY

illihor

Post by illihor » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:12 am
It's very nice to see everyone being supportive especially when this is a very hard time for everyone involved.

I think it helps to get thing off your chest, and knowing there is someone there to answer questions and give whatever help they can is great. Especially if you are in the position of not wanting friends/family knowing.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:00 pm
You're right illihor...if it wasn't for this forum i dont know what i would have done and it is all thanks to everyone who posts on it. One of the first things i do when i get home is turn the computer on and log onto this forum. i feel for everyone who is in debt......been there, done it and still wearing the t-shirt for the next 5 years...and it makes me happier if i can at least help someone else.

Still no one knows my secret. It is hard thinking about the future. I am 37, no children, single and i would dearly like to meet someone...but how do you tell someone that you are on an IVA......they would run a mile! and as for having children, i just feel that is never going to happen now...part of me feels really sad about that.
But heyho...on the positive side, i have my health, a job, family and friends, i am living within my means and in 5 years will be debt free!

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Debt free in five years thats th ticket all right.

And if someone cannot handle you being in an IVA and that is the sole reason they will not tlak with you then they are not worth it in hte first place

illihor

Post by illihor » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:56 pm
I second that[:)].

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:00 pm
I agree Dominic.

Although my boyfriend and I have been together 9 years, I was terrified about telling him. All the time he has known me I've had money (albeit the plastic sort!) and I knew my life was going to change in a big way. Thankfully he's been really supportive and bailed me out on numerous occasions.

When you meet someone and everything is right, he will love you, IVA and all!

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:52 pm
I totally agree...

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.

For more information about IVAs, please visit my website:
www.supersonicsquirrel.net
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”