Help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

fudgelover

Post by fudgelover » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:01 pm
Hello everyone

not posted for a while but read daily. We had to cotnact direct line today as arrangement up for review and the lady on the phone told us that our debt was now terminal and so we had to increase our repayments to £250 from £220. We cannot afford this but when I told her this she said that she had to advise me that they would be serving me with a deafault notice so that further action could be taken. We have been paying a DMP with them for 31 months and never missed a payment to date. The debt wll be cleared in 13 months on £220 per month and only 11 eleven months on £250 per month so it is not a vast difference. Could you please naswer any of the following questions:

What did she mean when she said our account was terminal?
What will happen if a default notice is served?
Will we have to go to Court and if so what are they likely to do

Hope someone can answer as scared now!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:10 pm
Hey fudgelover, sorry you're having problems, I'm not really sure how DMPs work but I'm sure someone will be along to help you soon. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 pm
Hi
They will probably sell your debt onto a third party,the third party will be happy with the DMP payments and will stop any interest
Regards
Andam Davies

fudgelover

Post by fudgelover » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:36 pm
Just thought you might be interested in this update. As promised we recieved a letter from green and Co Solicitors acting for Direct Line on Friday morning with the usual threats in it and then on saturday morning I received a call on my mobile and spoke to a different lady in collections who was unaware that this action had been instigated. She was really really nice and asked me to hold and then when she came back on the line she said she was really sorry that we had been put through that as we had met all the payments agreed to date and that she has spoken to the Manager and we should ignore the solicitiors letter and continue with our greed payments. She was really lovley but I don't understand how one person can say one thing and another something totally different - anyone know????

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:48 pm
Left hand doesn't talk to the right hand! Probably two different offices and they don't communicate.

Seems as though you've got it sorted though.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”