Here's hoping to a fresh start.

3 posts Page 1 of 1

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:01 am
So the chairman's report has been neatly filed away in my IVA folder. My payments will begin on 1st August.I will be debt free by 2013.#13;#10;#13;#10;I do not know how long i will continue to feel rather ashamed about my situation.I have many concerns and worries, namely my health, which has taken a foul battering.#13;#10;#13;#10;The whole process has unsettled me massively.#13;#10;#13;#10;I feel quiet, insular and depressed at the moment, I'm sure this will change as i get used to my new life in an IVA. I just want to be on my own right now. Has anyone else felt like this once their IVA has been approved ? #13;#10;#13;#10;This morning though, i am having a clear out and tidy up.In some ways trying to gain a sense of control and order.I am a bit behind in my nursing studies, and as of Monday i will have drawn up a study rota, and throughout the summer break will catch up.#13;#10;#13;#10;So again, i would to thank those that have given advice and kind words recently, if i had not have found this forum i would still be in a mess. Thanks to some of you, my debts and fear of them has been greatly reduced. #13;#10;#13;#10;Here's hoping to a fresh start, maybe timely in the current financial world, a kick up the bum and a tightening of the belt, ha ha even more so in my case otherwise my trousers would fall off. #13;#10;#13;#10;Many thanks again folks, and i will post again in the future to let you know how things are going.#13;#10;#13;#10;Take care. #13;#10;

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:47 am
HI Quark

im sorry to hear you are feeling down, i havent been through your process yet so i cant say how i would feel but everybody is different, in a way i supose it could be like grieving a bit you have lost your old life where you didnt worry about money or do any budgeting and now you have to, you ll get through this, concentrate on your studies take control back and im sure before long you will embrace the changes and start to feel better, good luck and keep posting

all the best
rb

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:29 am
I was on cliud nine the day my IVA was approved and for a few days after, then for no reason reality hit and I struggled for a few weeks. But having spoken to my family and our IP, it was then explained in more than on way that we had actually now taken control, had a second chance offered to us and one that we could not afford to live on rather than always awaiting the phone calls or dreading the mail!

10 months in and I am having a bad month this month - we have £45 to last us until Monday - both cars need petrol, we need food and we are due out tomorrow night....my car is in the garage right this minute being serviced and I am waiting for the dreaded call to say the timing belt needs replacing .......the exhaust went this week too so all in all a bad month - but I still have £45 in the bank at the end of the month and not thousands of pounds owed to creditors and all those calls coming through !

I would rather be in an IVA life right now than how I ws 10 months ago!

Remain positive!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”