Hi I'm currently in contact with PayPlan to do an IVA but I don't understand much of it tbh.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Katy.e

Post by Katy.e » Sun May 31, 2015 5:17 pm
Hi I'm currently in contact with pay plan to do an iva I don't understand much of it tbh and is there any way they can take my car off me as I can not risk that as none of my family or friends know and I need my car for my job

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 31, 2015 5:29 pm
As long as it is a modest vehicle it will be safe from their clutches.

I would suggest chatting to a couple more firms before you sign up, as once started you cannot change provider and you need to be with a firm you feel comfortable to work with for 5 or 6 years.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

dancer

Post by dancer » Sun May 31, 2015 8:58 pm
I was with Payplan for 6 years & really wish I had spoken to other companies first - in hindsight I would have used someone else.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:29 am
If you are still confused at this stage speak to other companies.

I believe that Payplan is one of the companies that takes total household income into account when working out what will go to creditors - you could find a partner being asked to contribute directly.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:52 am
Hi Katy - speak to another Insolvency Practitioner firm local to your area - most good ones will offer a free initial meeting. You should be able to keep your car as long as it's not of high value.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

chrisA

Post by chrisA » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 pm
We've been with payplan for 4yrs now hopefully in the final year. To be honest we've not had any issues to speak of, when I&e done each year our costs have been excepted as what they really are not what the guidelines say. Always got a reply when emailed concerns or questions. Had the same case officer now for the last 3yrs which is great.

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 pm
I found Payplan were OK for us . The only thing is that our Caseworker changed at least every year. Other than that all went more or less according to plan !
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”