HIGH COST OF LIVING

24 posts Page 2 of 2

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:56 pm
We aim to not use our cars at weekends unless we really have to - this weekend we nipped to B&Q and to my sisters - total five miles......we drive over 500 miles during the week between us, so last thing we want to do at weekends is drive again (thank god!)
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:00 pm
well if you are clever you can get more reciepts before review time[;)] because if you set it to low in your next review then need to use the car more you will be struggling and its bad enough surviving[B)]
Last edited by indebtforever on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 pm
I will be begging receipts from people!

We have not used our car at all this weekend, and I'm off work tomorrow so it will only be going as far as my nearest town, which is about 4 miles away so I can pay some money into the bank, and my local chemist to get all our tablets (thank goodness for pre payment certificates!).

It's work and back usually, plus one shopping trip a week.
[:)][:)][:)]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:07 pm
We have the work miles to prove we use that amount of fuel .....be careful if you gather receipts as questions may be asked why the sudden increase in fuel...and additional mileage etc ...IP's are not silly and I am sure they will know when someone is gathering incorrect receipts

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:17 pm
i read on here some do reviews at every 3 months they never contact me only every 13 months for annual review i have never been asked to show any reciepts and if something has increased dramatically then i send a letter with the new i+e explaining why .i am coming up to 3years and have had 3 payrises and my payments have not increased so i think i have been lucky choosing the one i am with fingers crossed[:D]

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:20 pm
which company are you with??? To not to have had a slight increase in three years is good news ...... can't see me being that lucky!!!!

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:27 pm
hi i am with debtlifeboat formally called baker tilley

Emily

Post by Emily » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:55 pm
We all know that cost of living and inflation will not be ofset by any inflationary increases in pay.You need at least 4% increase in pay or 14% if you are a haulage HGV driver.Lucky!!

How IPs can square [that] issue up with credtors is beyond me. There are no rule of the thumb in dealing with this anomaly.The CCCS household espenditures are still the definitive guide to how much you can have to spend? Can you image if 95% all IVA holders ask for regional variations to pay less....the IVA process will callapse.

pm5

Post by pm5 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:34 pm
I had to have an I & E update early due to a change in jobs which meant a bigger salary & extra expense for fuel etc.
They allowed me the extra fuel costs that I said i needed without any question, plus they gave me extra allowance for food & energy bills.
My review is not til August but the agreement i have now is that come review time this year my payments wont change, all they will require is my P60 & 3 wage slips.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “postings for june”