Hip Dysplasia

30 posts Page 1 of 2

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:01 am
Anyone's child ever have this?

My youngest (just 9 months) is waiting to see the Dr as our Health Visitor thinks she may possibly have hip dysplasia. She has an extra leg crease on the one side, isn't weight bearing and one leg is higher off the ground than the other when we change her...looks like she will have to have an x ray and if she does have hip dysplasia may need a full body plaster cast.

I'm worried sick if this is the problem as she will need special car seat, pushchair etc etc to accomodate the cast..all of which cost money.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:12 am
Angelrainbow, I'm sorry to hear that, fingers crossed that she isn't diagnosed with that.

Hopefully you would be able to get some sort of financial help towards any equipment you might need.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:21 am
Ah Angelrainbow, I'm so sorry, I know nothing about that but I'm thinking of you all and I hope, as Kallis says, she isn't diagnosed with that. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:32 am
Hiya Angel

I do know of it, pathemecanics of the development of gait. I have a couple of podopaediatric books. Everything will be done to make sure your baby develops a noraml gait, this is the reason for intervention. I would be happy to give you information via email.

I am sure that you would be given financial help towards the cost any equipment you may need.

Hang in there.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:37 am
I know whatever is done now is to help her out later in life..Its just that no mummy wants their kid to go through something like that. I felt bad enough that my eldest had surgery on her eye at 15 motnhs of age..and that was just a 30 minute o - I sobbed buckets in the parents' room!

I will keep you all posted as to how she gets on, she sees the doctor on Sep 9th.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:44 am
It's awful when it's your kids.

I remember spending a night in hospital with my daughter when she was just over one as she had a raging temperature and whooping cough (despite the jab). That was bad enough. We've been lucky in as much as she has only had the normal childhood injuries and scrapes.

I hope everything goes well on the 9th.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:01 pm
Angel it is horrible to be facing this.

My son spent most of the first five years in hospital with one thing or another. I do understand your fear. There will be other mummy's facing the same thing and they will be the biggest help to you during this time.

Try not to worry. Easier said than done I know.

Good luck on the 9th.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:43 am
Just a quick update..Little one saw the GP yesterday. She agreed with the health visitors findings: that the leg creases were asymetrical and that she couldn't put her right knee down as far as her left.
She said she coudldn't hear any clunking, although her and her daddy have a few times.
She is therefore going to book little one in for an ultrasound scan on the joint - we should have an appointment in a couple of weeks or so.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:15 am
Ah bless her, let us know how she gets on Angelrainbow. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:21 am
the hardest role we ever take on in this life is motherhood.!! or parenthood for the dads here....my daughter was born with an alternating squint and eye muslce damage....not a huge thing in real terms and not life threatening for me as her mum it was a BIGGIE...everywhere we went people would stare...esp as sometimes neither eye would be squint then all of a sudden one would pop in ..then out and then the other on would do the same...its funny thinking about it now..(anyone seen the advert on telly about deoderant...the guys eyes are all over the place...well transpose that to a wee baby..)

hope all is okay with your wee one rainbow...keep us informed
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

look_divine

Post by look_divine » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:57 am
awwww moretolife the poor thing :(
she ok now though?
my daughter was born 5wks early at 4lbs 1/2 oz
told me she would have problems with nearly everything from walking talking etc
only thing she was slow at was crawling and walking shes now 5yrs old and never shuts up, goes to show dont always take what the pros say as gospel i was worried sick and really had nothing to worry about

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:08 pm
Oh bless the little lamb, More to Life. I can understand to a certain extent. My eldest had a dermoid cyst under her eyebrow which grew and grew and so she had a huge lump which people often commented on (nice of them, eh!). She had it removed in January and you can't even see a scar.I now get comments about her being a child model!

People can be soooo shallow! She always was and always will be utterly gorgeous and perfect to me.

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:59 pm
yes...my daughter always was just a wee cutie...even with the squint...fortunately we had great private health cover...courtesy of OH work....and she had surgery at 14mths and now at 23 years old...you wouldnt even notice..sometimes when she is tired one eye may dip a wee bit but she has learned over the years how to stengthen the muscles to prevent that happening
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Angelrainbow, I hope the scan gives you good news.
Bob Marley.

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 pm
Hi Angelrainbow.I'm sorry to hear your worrying news.I'm so angry for you though.The fact you had to consider money as part of your worry.Shouldn't have to come in to it.Some days are worse than others? Cat
30 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “family forum”