Holidays - where are we all going on a budget ?

74 posts Page 1 of 5

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 am
Over the last few weeks I have read several posts regarding people just about to jet off to Spain, Italy, France, Mauritis etc etc - while I look forward to my four nights in a tent in the middle of Wiltshire with my husband, my camp stove and box of cheap Country Manor wine (£4 a box!)I was wondering how on an IVA people have been able to get across the sea on holiday????

10 down 50 to go!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

worryhead

Post by worryhead » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 am
i know what you mean, i cant afford to go anywhere, we just go on a day to the beach and thats about it, i even had to cut into my food shopping just to buy a new top and trousers for work :( things are really tight, my contingency fund is only £10 per month, maybe after the 5 years is up i can go away but until then i dont see how its done. Still hinting to my friends and family about no hols for 5 years [;)] they might even buy me a tent so i can at least get away from it all. i sometimes feel this is a prison sentance for the debts i got, but i was stupid enough to get credit for other people so i guess i will have to deal, only 56 payments to go[:(]

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 am
I shall be holidaying in my sunny back garden!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

rayb

Post by rayb » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:52 am
I have been saving for about the last 3 years that is why I am managing to go abroad. Been putting the odd spare money away here and there and to be honest although I am in an IVA I should and my kids be able to take a break abroad once in a while

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:33 am
From reading all the posts, everyone has either saved really hard, worked tons of overtime for the 50% or has lovely family members treating them.....I think that's a good thing. [8D] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:35 am
I agree Ray we're all entitled to a break.

I'm lucky my in laws treat us to go abroad - not sure if I want to go this year.Plus I live by the coast so can spend days at various beaches.

greeneyes34

Post by greeneyes34 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:39 am
I'm managing two nights away in lovely Glastonbury, courtesy of my fiance, and 3 nights in Bristol paid for by my best friend. Its something to look forward to, and takes my mind off my meeting this Friday!
Full and Final agreed 28th October 2010.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:40 am
We're going to sunny Lyme Regis again this year and I can't wait!

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 pm
Heacham in MIL's caravan! Home from home really as we're so used to it, but it's a break.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:28 pm
We are off to Devon in a caravan courtesy of sun holidays. Six nights cost £110 and that was with upgrading the caravan and service charges.
Our overtime is what pays for it and fod comes from the wekly budget and supermarket rewards. I take canned drinks and things that cost a lot when away. We take plassy cups and put the coffe sugar and coffee mate in them and take a flask of hot water, saves buying any drinks when out or at the beach (weather permitting). We still have fish and chips and a chinese so I dont cook . Happy holidays everyone.
Ang x
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:12 pm
I know people have saved really hard, and their kind families have given them these presents - can't help being jealous though!

Everyone - enjoy your holidays - I can feel another saving pot being start with 20 pieces in - already have one for copper that has helped pay for the camping trip!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:30 pm
Lulu we have had many holidays at home. We havent been abroad since 1987. If we are off for a week, we do things differently I dont cook as much, we buy take away. Try to have a day out somewhere even if you take a nice picnic and sit by a river. Just change your routine for that week. Cut down on the washing and give yourself a break from the usual. I sound daft dont I.
Still get saving those 20p pieces, and watch out for the sun newspaper holidays they really are good and cheap.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

coupleplus1

Post by coupleplus1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:31 pm
we are looking at going to Woolicombe Bay (a bit different to our pre-iva holidays) but its only £140 for a week in a static caravan but theres a spa there so I should be happy!

My dad has given us a little bit of money to treat ourselves which we were going to use to go on a cheapy to Menorca in October but I think we are going to spend that we are going to treat ourselves by buying lots of pots of paint to do the house up!

Looking forward to 4 1/4 years time when I'm planning a long luxury holiday to Italy!

Andrea

davram1967

Post by davram1967 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:41 pm
Last year we did a Monday to Friday in Porthcawl for £210 and explored South Wales and fell in love with the place, especially 3 Cliffs Bay. We really want to go back but the same week this year is £360. We worked out that with Travelodge offering family rooms from £19, if you book 21 days in advance, you can do the same week for £116! They aren't £19 every day, some days they are £29 or £39.
Carl.

If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of credit card payments!!!

connie

Post by connie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:06 pm
you can't beat a caravan holiday. i love it.
one of my hubbys relatives has offered to let us go away to spain with then and stay in there villa for a week. we only have to pay flights. i've priced up 2 flights on ryanair for £100. so hopefully were both gonna rake in some overtime and fingers crossed be able to go. if we can't manage it i think it'll have to be a seaside holiday staying at my mothers.
74 posts Page 1 of 5
Return to “money saving tips”