(hope you had a) Merry Christmas

10 posts Page 1 of 1

inapickle

Post by inapickle » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:14 am
Hi Everyone,
I am still around, I sincerely hope everyone has ahd a very happy christmas and each and everyone of you(us)has a new year filled with peace,love and hope for a better future.

I have been reading the posts as often as I can, it has been a bit difficult lately, we have had a "email/internet gate" at work, 70 sacked (replaced with temps) and 200+ on written warnings etc some on file for 3 years for joke emails etc, purely a money saving scam, written warning means you get 50% bonus-if due and a final=no bonus for the duration, reading a few posts is OK but no logging in to reply, 12 hour shifts plus travel I just cant be bothered to go online at home, with the snow it was 2 hours each way=shattered, on a few days off now just finished nights.

very Best Wishes
To all

Mark

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am
Hi Mark - nice to hear from you again.

As an employer myself, I do understand the amount of time which is wasted each day from employees looking at social networking sites, e-bay and even forums like this - but your employers do seem to have taken a very hard line. I wonder whether this was just way of reducing staff the hard way?

Glad that you are well in any case, and try not to work too hard!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

inapickle

Post by inapickle » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 pm
Hi Melanie,
They certainly have had a blitz, considering facebook and similar are blocked and have never been accessible at work,it was purely on the joke emails, we think-are certain it was for money reasons, 4.5% pay rise that they had to pay as it was a 3 year deal-year 3 was the companies include, some redundancies were due-down to the current markets, but a lot of these were sacked instead, plus £200,000+ savings per year on bonuses because of the warnings, definately all down to money, production shifts have been turned from 12 to 8 hours cutting shift pay £600 per person a month for most, we are still OK thank heavens because of what we do, but even our manager was sacked 2 weeks ago, along with the HR manager as well, things are not looking good for a lot of people.

take care
Mark

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:30 pm
Hi inapickle I'm glad you had a good Christmas and New Year, my personal opinion is anytime taken during working hours for personal use on the internet shouldn't be allowed, I tend to go on in break times only, being in an IT college all our internet usage is tracked so can't go on forum, but have been known to use my phone to do that!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:41 pm
Hi Mark, it's good to hear from you and I'm glad you had a good Christmas.

I have to admit going online when I'm at work, but not so much recently as we've been so busy - at one point we literally didn't have anything else to do.

Have a great New Year x

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:04 pm
glad you had a nice xmas mark and looking forward to a bright 2010 for you x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 pm
Good to hear from you Mark.

My work is a bit like that, and I can't go onto the forum at all. Probably just as well really!

Hope you have a great New Year and that 2010 is a good one for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:55 pm
Hi Mark - I monitor internet usage at work and would have a quiet word if it was abused. If its managed properly it shouldn't be a problem. Does sound like "money saving" in your work place.

Happy New Year to you and hope 2010 is a great one xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:57 pm
We don't get the chance to abuse it! Anything to do with a forum is instantly blocked.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 am
Spam posting has been deleted.

Advertising not allowed.
Bob Marley.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “keeping in touch”