How can an IVA affect our insurance premiums ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
98 posts Page 7 of 7

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm
In that case no one should take any notice of my confirmation regarding the Co-op as it was confirmed verbally and a note was put on my file.

Coveritall, I wasn't asking you whether I should tell the truth or not - I don't lie and would be honest if asked. However some of the comparison websites ask if you've ever been insolvent (or at least they used to). Some insurance companies then come back with 'we cannot offer you a quote at this time' (or similar). Is that being refused insurance?

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:21 pm
Hi all, just been doing the dreaded annual car insurance hunt and as a result of the above posts I thought I would share my findings today. I (as did many of us) didn't mention my IVA last year when I took out my car insurance as I didn't think it relevant as I have never missed an insurance payment in over 30yrs of driving. But having read the above posts I started to worry/wonder! As my insurance is due in 2 wks I started the online searches but found they didn't seem ask the IVA question or they came back as 'can't quote at this time please ring the number' This no doubt due to the credit check. I rang my current insurers and their quote doubled to last year (even with protected NCD) as a result of an accident. Anyway decided I had lost the will to live after several ours of searching so went into the local branch of Swinton. I decided to be up front about my IVA, the fact I needed monthly payments and they wouldn't be getting my business if they decided to hike up the premium due to IVA. The woman couldnt have been more helpful and assured me the IVA wouldn't make any difference to paying monthly or the premium. They would automatically do a credit check & it would appear on any checks. As my credft report is shot anyway I wasn't to bothered. As a result they undercut my current insurance and even managed to get 50 less excess & free breakdown! So anyone worried about car insurance I can reccommend Swinton but go into your local branch as its easier & you can be sure of what your're getting. :)
Issey

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:29 pm
Great news! My postcode prevents 90% of the Market wanting to insure my car so I'm hamstrung but great for people not living in a danger zone!!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 pm
I went with swinton too,it was cheaper and I just got a cheque through for £40 cashback,as the policy has been running 3 months now.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

CoverItAll

Post by CoverItAll » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:00 pm
Hi Skippy, apologies for my delay in replying, I took a short break from work.

If you submit an application to an Insurance Company and they decline your application, you should always declare this in future.

That is why I am making the offer to Forum Members to enquire on your behalf. That way, you have not enquired, therefore you have not been refused, so you have nothing to declare.
John Tegg
john.tegg@dms4asu.co.uk
http://www.paymentcover.co.uk
STANDARD TERMS for Forum Members for Home Insurance, Self Employed Tradesman's Public Liability, and Short Term Income Protection.

MG12

Post by MG12 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm
Just checked with Home & Car Insurance companies this morning. Still waiting on car companyy coming back to me. Home Insuance with Halifax & have beem told IVA does not affect policy & they will send me a letter stating this. Hopefully car insurance will be the same, its with LV through a broker.

jhonpaul12

Post by jhonpaul12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:25 am
I think the issue is how much that you pay not.Insuring your house when you’ve been insolvent or had an Individual Voluntary Arrangement.Some of the customers have been forced into financial difficulties for a variety of reasons and chosen to reset their financial futures.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 am
This is a very old post - please do not post on these.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
98 posts Page 7 of 7
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”