How can people be so rude !!!

58 posts Page 1 of 4

sillybilly

Post by sillybilly » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:32 pm
Following on from the capital one saga a few weeks ago. I have just returned from taking my daughter to a Good Friday workshop, to answer a ringing phone. The call was from MBNA, the person told me she was not from a call centre but from customer services and they had never been contacted from myself or Mel's team. I know this is a lie as I received a letter from MBNA within a week of the information being sent to creditors. The letter was really nice and offered a chance to pay off my debt at a considerably lower rate than which I owe (if only I had the cash to take them up on their offer). I relayed all this to the lady on the phone and four times she said I have not made a payment and they know nothing about our application for an IVA. I repeated myself, to which she snarled "Tell your IP to get in touch so that your account can be put right". I then started to reply I don't understand as she promptly slammed the phone down. How can these people be so rude? I was not aggressive in anyway (and would not be so)assertive, yes.
I wonder how many more calls will come?
[:)]On the plus side I now have my proposal which I have read and just need to sign and send it back to Mel. I spoke to Mel last week and for any others starting out I cannot stress how lovely and reassuring it is to actually speak to your IP so you become a real person and they can know your situation, you are not a reference number. Mel was lovely as have been Tina, Angela and Tom who are in her team all have been professional and supportive but most of all non-judgemental so important as I certainly know what a fool I have been, I need support not I told you so. Mel's team certainly make you feel that you are there only client and are always there to answer any queries you may have so important in my opinion.
Happy Easter everyone..... Lets hope the phone's stay quiet for all of us that aren't quite there yet with an approved IVA.
We came with nothing, we leave with nothing.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:41 pm
Some of these people employed to make such calls could certainly do with customer service training. As you say, you KNOW your IP has passed on the info, its just a case of creditors not updating their systems...you wouldn't think that was rocket science would you??

Once Mel's team has received your signed proposal, you'll quickly move onto the next step.

You're sounding positive about it and you really are with a great team.

Happy Easter and if need be unplug the phone xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:00 pm
She probably slammed the phone down once she realised she wasn't going to be able to get any money out of you!

They can be very rude and aggressive. You're on the last lap now before a creditor meeting, so just ignore them. You're with an excellent team and they will help you every step of the way.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

zim zim

Post by zim zim » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm
I had a similar phone call from HFC when i first started my IVA. The 'customer services' rep started off in quite a polite fashion & then as the call progressed became more demanding, rude and ended up being totally obnoxious before putting phone down on me!
I immediately phoned back to complain about her & her total disregard for the IVA! Suffice to say, i have never heard from her or HFC since.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:17 pm
My daughter had computer finance through HFC and we got sick and tired of getting calls and letters for her trying to get her to take out more finance.

We told them to get lost in the end!

No wonder people get into trouble.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 pm
I never understand why people are rude as it's something I would never do. I can be awkward at times but not rude.

You've chosen a good IP in Melanie and I'm sure it won't be long once your proposal has been returned.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 pm
I can be stroppy, but never rude.

Courtesy costs nothing.
Bob Marley.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:57 pm
Had a letter last week from MBNA telling us debt had been sold to Phoenix recovery or something and that they had copied to IP etc etc. then last night hubby had a phone call offering us a secured loan to raise funds to repay our IVA with a full and final offer!! Quite how stupid they thought we'd be taking out a 10 year secured loan to clear a little over 4 years of an IVA paying almost as much each month as we are into the IVA I'll never know!!!!! Needless to say, we declined their offer!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:01 pm
They'll try anything won't they?
Bob Marley.

wannabedj

Post by wannabedj » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:28 pm
I'm having the same problem with MBNA also. I thought everything was fine and dadny untill a few weeks ago. Recieved a letter saying that the debt has now been moved to some other company and I have them ringing me up. Told them countless times that I'm in an IVA yet then continue to hassle me. Been 2 days since the last call so hopefully they go tthe message.
If Football was meant to have been played in the air then God would have put Grass in the Sky

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:15 pm
If they continue to ring, get them to check the Insolvency Register, and if they come out with the rubbish about Data Protection, tell them it's fine, you have given them permission to check your details on there.

If they still refuse, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them to check it.
Bob Marley.

toolbox

Post by toolbox » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:06 am
Before engaging in conversation with the rep calling you, inform them that their call is being recorded by you, you'd be amazed as to how much a calming effect it has upon them!!

L-E-E

Post by L-E-E » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:28 am
I think Kallis hit the nail on the head with why she hung up! The positive is that once your IVA is accepted this contact will stop, In the meantime, I can recommend keeping a whistle by the phone and blowing it until they disconnect! It may not stop them calling back at a later date but it will make you feel better!

Lee

SHAMROCK

Post by SHAMROCK » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:53 pm
MBNA are the rudest lot I have ever had the misfortune of getting involved with.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:17 pm
It's swings and roundabouts with creditors. Some are ok but others not.
Bob Marley.
58 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”