How can people be so rude !!!

58 posts Page 3 of 4

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am
I'm with Sky now and more than happy with the customer service with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 am
Same here - it's cheaper as well.

I've never had a high opinion of BT but they confirmed what I thought when they said it would take 4 days to fix Dave's mum's phoneline - she's 92 and has one of those alarms in case she falls. Dave had to get quite stroppy before they'd make her a priority.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:52 am
I actually rated them when I first got the broadband and broadband talk but I lost count of the number of times I had to phone them up and we had more new hubs than you could shake a stick at!

I doubt we will go back to them.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:07 am
When we were with BT our broadband used to cut out at 9pm every night but according to them there wasn't a problem!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:01 am
I don't much rate Sky customer service, I had to ring them this week and the girl was very abrupt and rude to the point she hung up on me and NO I wasn't rude. I called back and the second girl was a lot more human and sorted my problem out, but the recording in the queue says your call will be answered within 3 minutes.......ten minutes more like!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 am
I've not had to phone Sky much since we were with them and it has always been a technical thing with the broadband. Asian call centre but they've always been very polite and got me sorted.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:31 am
Never had cause to phone them as I can do it myself or son does it, this was about the package, they're good at sales but if you want to cancel something, all of a sudden it's a problem! xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:30 pm
Not had to do that thankfully although will be cancelling the kids channels soon as we never watch them and the grandkids aren't here enough to justify the charge - watch this space!
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:33 pm
Never had a problem with Sky customer service in general -- however, I did have a "falling out" with a tech line operator from Mumbai. Had a little broadband issue, went through all the usual boring hoops ... unplugging everything and resetting everything ... no joy. Then he asks what lights are showing on my router, so I told him and he disagreed with me, then proceeeded to TELL me what lights I could see !!! In the end I hung up on him, and blow me down if he didn't call back and tell me off for hanging up!!! So, I just hung up again .... 30 seconds later my router lights all went green and I was up and running !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 pm
[:D] - at least he was keeping tabs!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 pm
I wanted to cancel the kids channels Jan, I bought them but I now record programmes on the other channels and they watch them when they come, since it's been summer they're hardly ever in the house. x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:21 pm
I really must cancel them - never watch them at all and the grandkids are hardly ever here so it's a bit of a waste of money.
Bob Marley.

country girl

Post by country girl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:02 pm
HI
I am with sky never had any problems with them Broadband works much better than with BT and we are a bad area. Would never go back to BT.
Linda

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:03 pm
I was with Virgin before Sky and do rate Sky highly in comparison to BT or Virgin. Just someone having a bad day maybe this week when I rang, we all have them lol x

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:07 pm
We've got all the channels - I think if we cancelled the kids channels we'd lose some we want.
58 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”