how can we keep paying the same with prices rising

25 posts Page 1 of 2

andrea

Post by andrea » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 pm
been in iva for over 3 ars now got extended for 12 months due to changes in circumstances but just done review and know it should have come down at least £80 a month with the prices of bills rising but just got letter saying looking at it we cant put more into it nothing to say they will reduce but just carrying on paying the same but how can we do that

lighton

Post by lighton » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:39 pm
I have the same prob been in iva just over 3 years says 250 is a fair payment doesnt say anything about it being iva being extended but still mentions at end of 3 years bike hp to be paid in which we cant afford. Still says total amount to pay and 250 a month no where near fits that figure.When we took iva on we were told it was 60 months no mentioned it ever being longer and we were told payments can go up and down with income and expenditure

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:43 pm
Just had a text from son who works for a utility company. British Gas are to raise their prices by 9% Electric and a massive 35% for their Gas.....Where will it all end????
It's nice to be back......

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 pm
And the rest will soon follow!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 pm
Yes, I agree. I really think that the government need to step in and stop this!! There must be something they can do, or is it the fact they are getting more vat due to the rises???......
It's nice to be back......

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:50 pm
I actually meant the utility companies, but my last post fits in quite well with yours as well ladyh![:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lighton

Post by lighton » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 pm
ladyh wrote:

Hiya Lighton

In the 3 annual reviews we have completed, I have never once been given a reduction. Thankfully our payments have never gone up either (they have varied over the past 3 years but that was set at the offset)

I can't wait till may 2010.. it cant come soon enough

xx
Same as that ive just done my review.Our payments have stayed the same.But there is still the bit with bike payments which we havnt paid for 6 months as my partner was out of work and it was covered by insurance.Now he has just found a job and i know we still wont be able to pay an extra 200 on top of the 250 .I cant wait till 2010 either i really dont want them to carry my iva any longer that wasnt ever mentioned.I think we can just about manage 300 a month but no way 450

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:55 pm
Am i being arrogant ? Why not just contact the IP and say that with immediate effect you are canceling the direct debit with them unless they take immediate action on reducing the amount that is due in accordance with the massive fuel price hikes. British Gas have done it, immediate effect no warning no nothing, we are all stuffed in we have a freezing winter#13;#10;

lighton

Post by lighton » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 pm
wish it were that simple

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:03 pm
I don't mean to be, can't stand the thought that people are suffering and there is nothing that can be done, won't your IVA fail if you cannot afford it anyway, sorry i didn't mean to sound really rude, i wish you luck and hope you get through it, and i hope your IP can help you out is all, ooops

lighton

Post by lighton » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm
i think maybe ips and creditors need to get things straight .Everything is going up apart from peoples income.When you take out an iva it is for 5 years it should be flexable both ways if your income goes up then i can understand but im affraid with most people expenditure seems to be going up alot more than income.This is going to cause a lot of ivas to fail unless somthing is done about it soon.

quark2008

Post by quark2008 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm
Bi annual or quarterly reviews, or would that be too much work do you think ?#13;#10;

lighton

Post by lighton » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 pm
probally they seem to put your money up asap but charge you variation fees to decrease it which means creditors are still getting far less

pixie

Post by pixie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:36 pm
I just got one of those letters too! Despite expenses going up and having already taken my payrise and increasing payments, things stay the same.
They are extremely quick to increase but not slightly interested in expenses.
ladyh are there any dfd fans!! I've been trying to get a response from them on another issue for over 2 weeks!! Yet tell them you've had a payrise and they can't get back to you quick enough!!!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Maz

Post by Maz » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:46 pm
I have just heard on the news about these horrendous price increases and about poor families who are not going to be able to cope. It's hot out now so we don't need to use heating but what the bills will be like in the winter, I dread to think.

It's certainly not going to help if on a tight budget like an IVA, but more cutbacks have to be done I suppose whether in an IVA or not I suppose just to have warmth and hot water.

Maz
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for july”