How Ironic !!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm
Started new job within same company on Monday because the area I work in is winding down and eventually all staff will be transferred to another Business Area.

I am now a collector in the Recoveries department !!![:0]

I really need a job and am really struggling with it due to my own situation. The bosses know of my arrangement and as I was upfront have been ok about it. The only good thing is I will only be dealing with Inbound calls.

When the time comes to deal with outbound calls I am going to have to reconsider leaving, but having said that at least I will be able to draw from my own experience!!

Thanks for listening x

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm
Hey...a job's a job at the end of the day. Hopefully your own experience will help you help other people...even if that's only showing a bit of kindness and understanding. Pocacher turned gamekeeper!! xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm
I hope you get on well with the job.

At least if you get to do outbound calls you will know how to deal with them sympathetically.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:28 pm
Thank you. It is certainly not the kind of job I had in mind for myself at all, but as you say a job's a job. 'Don't knock till you've tried it' I guess.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:39 pm
There's no reason why you can't encourage your managers to learn from your experiences and prepare (anonymously) training notes on IVAs so that all the staff in Recoveries will at least know the basics. Sometimes the constant need to re-explain your situation and argue the legalities of an iva can be stressful, time consuming and in public places quite embarrassing!

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 pm
Spot on !

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:44 pm
Good luck, the people who speak to you will at least be speaking to someone who understands their situation x

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:53 pm
Good luck with your new position and I hope it goes well for you. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:58 pm
good luck with the job, its always easier to look whilst in a job though, and as broke said, you can always prepare things that will help other people.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 pm
Make sure you are nice to all those people who cannot pay, and direct them to the forum for best advice on how to deal with their debts!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

love hope and strength

Post by love hope and strength » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 pm
Thanks everyone.

Believe it or not one of the standard things we are to do is suggest they speak to a couple of companies for advice .... funny that never happened to me!!

I know its only day 3 but I am impressed with the training we are receiving and there is a big emphasis on 'treating the customer fairly'.

This should be done at the 'early collections' stage not just at Recoveries which is the end of the line.
Last edited by love hope and strength on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm
I was the other way round-worked for a loan company (collections) then went for iva-bet they loved that one in the office where I worked!!!!(ill-health)
Went from giving advice to needing it !!!
You are right LHS-life is ironic-put it in a script and it would be totally unbelievable.
Bet you will be good at your job-you cant teach the experiences you have been through.
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 pm
That's good news LHS, hope you find some job satisfaction and can help people along the way.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm
Don't tell me about irony...when i started my iva I was in a bank and now I work in a shopping centre! PS - last year my boyfriend and I decided we needed a break the same weekend I went bridesmaid dress shopping for my sister's wedding. PPS - the break only lasted 3 days!
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”