How likely?

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:22 pm
I am having a propsal drawn up on Monday for IVA, was initially going down the DMP route but now we think the funds are there for IVA. My concern is the IVA (which I'm sure you've all had) being rejected. A good firm (i'm with Melanies) won't propose one I'm guessing that they don't think will be accepted? In a way I'm looking forward to this but dreading it at the same time? if that makes sense to anyone! I'm also confused by the clothes allowance, at the minute we've had no new clothes for ages! So even to have a tenner a month each would be fantastic. My daughter did have some new uniform items but not a whole new uniform. We had already cut back so much that to me being in an IVA will make me feel comfortable again. I have £50 per week to feed 4 at the minute! but I manage that's the main thing and don't mind continuing to manage to be debt free in 5 years. I have learnt a very valuable lesson and know god willing I will never be in this position again. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:25 pm
hi there whats the level of debt are you in and how many creditors do you have

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:30 pm
We have 12 creditors with a 46000 level of debt. Our main creditor being HSBC, two loans, two credit cards and an overdraft, along with capital one, next, fashion world, barclaycard, M&S credit card, freemans catalogue and studio cards
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:35 pm
what stage are you at could give them a ring a try and diffent company my iva meeting is next month did melanie giles help you on this

JOHNPAUL
JOHNPAUL

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:39 pm
oh no i don't want to change firms, i'm more than happy with the advice and support given by my chosen firm. I am just voicing my concerns and hoping for reassurance I guess, some days I feel more concerned than others. Good luck with your IVA Meeting and hopefully before long I'll be posting on here to say that I have been accepted.

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:32 pm
I know what you mean it strange to have an allowance for this and for that. Like you previous to my iva I bought the odd necessity, always on sale and only if needed much less than the £30 each we have now and as you say shopped on a lot less and went without rather than not pay the bills. This is where your i and E has to be right if it is then you may as i do find it actually easier than before. I had to walk to work in the dark sometimes as I couldnt afford the bus fare ( I work nights)I havent had to do that since the iva. I hope all goes well for you, you cant do any better than Melanie I am sure.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:36 pm
You'll be fine with Melanie - she has said many times on the forum that an IP won't put a proposal forward if they aren't confident that it will be accepted.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:49 pm
thanks for the reassurance, i go through the day having rational thoughts for half of it, then they turn into irrational thoughts as the darkness comes in. This forum has been an absolute bonus to me and keeps me sane in my darkest moments.

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:54 pm
It did exactly the same for me, though i didnt post at that time, I just read. Such a great support and still is for me.

Ang

Last edited by aguise on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postbag for september”