How long does a F&F take?

5 posts Page 1 of 1

scrubage

Post by scrubage » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm
Basically, I am 17 weeks pregnant. We will be in our final year of our IVA come April and our friend has offered to give us £2000 to settle our IVA early. Our IVA adviser has said that if we make payments as normal up until June and then offer the £2000 that they will be happy to put that forward to our creditors, because we will not be able to afford the IVA when the baby comes.

However, our friend has now said that he probably won't be able to get all the money until April and so is not happy to sign a letter until that time saying that he can give us the money, just incase something was to happen. Do you think this will give us enough time to reach an agreement with our creditors before I go on maternity leave in June?
Last edited by scrubage on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:27 pm
Your IP will probably not be happy to put forward a variation without certainty of the funding, but is there any reason why this cannot wait until April if you can afford to make payments in the meantime.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

scrubage

Post by scrubage » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:34 am
Hi Melanie, it will have to wait until April as that is when our friend will definately know whether he is able to give us the money. We are able to keep up payments until this time, but I was just wondering if this will give our IP enough time to put through the variation and possibily have it accepted before I go on maternity leave in June? Many thanks

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 pm
If they are already primed for the work it should not be a problem. Good luck with your offer.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

scrubage

Post by scrubage » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm
Thanks Melanie :)
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”