How long for a response for a F&F settlement? DEBT MOVEMENT

4 posts Page 1 of 1

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:50 pm
Hello!

My IVA was currently with aperture which sold it to Jarvis who is now Debt Movement.
I used the template for a full and final settlement offer.
I sent it special delivery 9/8/21. I also kept a copy of said letter for my records.
I was able to track it.
Now this is where I’m confused.
It was attempted to be delivered to the address that is on the debt movement website
Floor 3, Marsland House, Marsland Road, Sale, Cheshire M33 3AQ
And it got forwarded to Belfast
Which in itself I don’t understand why?
The signature that signed for my letter isn’t exactly a signature either, signed it as “XPI”
How long does it normally take to receive anything back from my IP? What’s the normal time frame?
I’m just alarmed that the letter hasn’t been delivered to the correct place, even tho I’ve sent it to the address stated on there website.
Ever since this company has taken over my IVA I’ve had nothing but stress, frustration and a sense of uneasiness.

Has anyone else had issues with debt movement?
How long was it for other people who sent off a F&F offer to then receive any form of acceptance or acknowledgment from their IVA company?

Thank you

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:11 am
It can take the same amount of time as it did to set up your iva in the first place as the process is the same.

If it was sent on the 9th August and was then redirected to Belfast, I would think it is currently sat in the "to action" pile.

My personal view is you should give them 14 days from date of receipt to acknowledge and progress initially before chasing them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:02 am
I would give then a little nudge by email with the IP directly CC'd due to the redirection issue.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kelly@dmuk

Post by kelly@dmuk » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:22 am
Hi there!
We are sorry to hear that you experienced some concerns with posting your information to Debt Movement. We currently have two offices, one in Manchester at the Marsland House/building and one in Belfast at the Lanyon Building, which is why your post may have been redirected to Belfast. Most of our agents are still working remotely therefore, it may take some time for our admin team to get through the documentation coming through the post, which is why we encourage using your portal or email.

Furthermore, when making F&F settlement offer, the process is a bit lengthy as it can take up to 2 to 3 months to complete in its entirety, as a variation is required. This is inclusive of a meeting with your creditors who make the final decision whether to accept the offer or not.

There are different processes that take place within a variation, however; you will be communicated with at each stage of the process. With that being said, you will only receive confirmation of whether or not your F&F settlement was accepted after your Meeting of Creditors (MOC), to which you will be contacted to discuss the outcome of the meeting.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”