How much should I expect to pay to start IVA?

5 posts Page 1 of 1

maggie.e

Post by maggie.e » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:40 pm
How much should I expect to pay a company to start the proccess of an IVA, irrespective of the monthly payment agreed?

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:50 pm
Hey maggie, welcome to the forum. You shouldn't have to pay anything else apart from the agreed monthly repayment which will include the fees. You may have to make a payment before your creditors meeting but you should make sure that this can be refunded if your IVA is rejected. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

apple2

Post by apple2 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 pm
i really want to know the answer to this too? From what I can gather - the amount at the very start is exactly the amount per month there after. The reasons I have been given so far are so the IP can show creditors you are serious and willing to pay.
I only started process on thursday so nothing agreed yet- get paid wednesday and they want first lot. To be totally honest - I was hoping for a months grace to start a nest egg! We have only missed a payment to one creditor to date.
If anybody knows any different - I too am really keen to hear.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 am
I do not take any money from my clients until their proposals have been signed and the creditors meeting called.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:44 am
Some companies will charge upfront fees though, the 0800 helpline number above is sponsored by a company which charged me 2 months fees before my creditors meeting.

You don't have to pay these upfront fees to the middlemen, you can cut them out and go straight to a IP like Melanie instead ;-)
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”