HSBC, is there a minimum defaut notice period

4 posts Page 1 of 1

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Thu May 24, 2007 8:26 pm
I received a Default notice from HSBC(23rd May)they have given me until the 1st June to pay outstanding balance. They state that if I need more time I should apply to the court. I'm still waiting for my IVA proposal, can't get in touch with IVA company. Do I apply to courts myself, only have 7 days left and one of those is a bank holiday. The letter is actually dated the 16th so its been lying around there office for nearly a week. Is this just a scare tactic, give me as little time as possible to do anything so i'll give them money. Don'y really know what to do, do know I have no time to do it in. I'd just ignore them but 25% of by debt is with them. Really do think I should have just gone bankrupt, and said to hell with any moral responsibility to pay my debt. Is just becomming a neverending nightmare.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu May 24, 2007 8:31 pm
If you are already using the services of an IP company, I suggest that you refer this matter to them for assistance. Not sure what you mean about not being able to get in touch with your provider.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu May 24, 2007 9:03 pm
Hi

I recieved a default letter from HSBC and what my advisor said was its just a way of informing you that you are now in breach of the agreement to pay by installments and that its a formal response they have to send out before any further action by them. To be honest I was told not to worry about it, they have done nothing since February since I recieved mine. If you have no assets to protect then bankruptcy might be worth looking into.

I am not an expert just another person trying to deal with debts.

Good luck, I know how stressful this is for you.
What company are you using for the IVA?

LILY

fly me up to where you are beyong the distant star, I will wish upon tonight, to see you smile, only for a while, to know youre there, a breath away is not too far, to where you are.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri May 25, 2007 10:54 am
Contact your IP and if they feel that an Interim Order needs to be aplied for they can do this on your behalf.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for may”