HSBC

6 posts Page 1 of 1

dots

Post by dots » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:24 am
Further to my old posts when opening a seperate basic bank account about 20 months ago with HSBC, and despite all the negative feedback on here about it would get closed etc etc etc... I did declare exact situation at the time of opening and was shown me proved status on the bank PC screen of my arrangement... I can confirm that the account still exists and I have not received any negative or suggested closures by the bank itself, so if anyone is looking for a secondary basic account, I would still reccommend HSBC... At least give it a try... (unless their policy has suddenly changed) nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Last edited by dots on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 am
My main creditor was HSBC so wasn't an option for me but good advice for anyone wanting to open an account. Maybe their policy has changed?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:07 am
They were one of my creditors and I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot barge pole.

They, and First Direct, are well known for trawling the Insolvency Register and closing accounts.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:38 am
Even my daughter has had problems with them - and her credit rating is 100%!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:00 pm
i remember when i was desperately needing a new account and the girl in the foyer looked me up and down like i was filth !-so embarrassing

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Even though I don't use them, I'd recommend the Co-op every time.
Bob Marley.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”