HSBC/ WAGES Helps

7 posts Page 1 of 1

munchkin77

Post by munchkin77 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:38 pm
Hi All

I have my creditors meeting on Tuesday. I previously had my current account with HSBC. I opened a new account with Natwest who took ages to send through my sort code and account number. I got it 2 weeks ago and wrote to my payroll departmemnt advising accordingly.

I get paid tomorrow and checked my paslip which shows its going to HSBC.

Just tried to log into my HSBC account and saying its not been recognised even though i know the details are correct which leads me to think that they have frozen my account.

What in the hell am i going to do?I have no money!!!!!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:47 pm
You need to ring the bank to see why the account has not been recognised, but I would have advised you to get the new account operational before advising your existing bank of your intention to propose an IVA. Presumably you also have debts with HSBC?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

munchkin77

Post by munchkin77 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:51 pm
Yes i have a Overdraft. I did but Natwest took a month to sort out my new bank account - losing information on the way. thus resulting in this cock up now.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:49 pm
Hi
As you have written to your payroll dept then as long as they acknowledge that they received your instructions they should put it right.Ask for a cash advance equal to your net wage until they sort it.
There is a chance that HSBC will have closed the account and the payment into it will bounce back to your employer in three days.
Let us know the outcome
Regards
Andam Davies

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:45 pm
hi.this happened to me in nov 07.I called into the branch and vertually begged them to let me have my wage.There was no way.The snotty girl said I owed them such a huge sum how could I possibly expect to have my money.I walked out leaving my cash point card behind.I felt bad enough about owing the money and not being able to pay it back without her attitude.I will never forget it though and this will help with my determonation to see my IVA through.The IVA company sorted me out fortunately.They spoke to someone at the HSBC (someone dealing with the IVA process from the HSBC) and pointed out that HSBC would be being paid twice under the terms of the iva (which hadn't been accepted at this point)I was able to take my husband's wage out at this point.Even though his payroll had been informed, it took a couple of weeks to be activated.Very stressful.Ring the company that you are with and get some assistance? Good Luck Cat

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:16 pm
Hi munchkin

My account with hsbc was frozen just before my creditors meeting and I was unable to use internet banking as it said the same message you are gettng. They did inform me by letter though and ask for all cards to be returned which I dropped into branch.
Hopefully your IP will be able to interven on your behalf and get something sorted.

I asked my employer to confirm in writing to me that they had actioned my change of account details as I was so worried this could happen. They do not know about the iva but I was able to explain it away.

Good luck and I hope you get something sorted
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 pm
I used to bank with HSBC and to tell you the truth i found them great to start with when they was The Listening Midland Bank and if in a hole were always helpful.
NOW!!! they COULDN'T!! careless and if you are in difficulties ,they make out that they really care and can help you but are more interested in crippling you with unnecessary BANK CHARGES!!!
instead you should have opted maybe for a Co-Op
Cashminder Account , you get a great Internet Banking Service, Visa Electron ,excellent Customer Service and they are a Million times better than HSBC and there are less people in the queue.
HSBC have frozen my account since being in an IVA
and they can have there cards cut into a thousand bits back tomorrow i was always overdrawn with them anyway mainly because of there RIP-OFF Bank charges.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”