I am going into a coma until 2010 I think.

68 posts Page 3 of 5

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:04 pm
I've got everything crossed for him, and I'm sending all the positive thoughts I can his way.

Thinking of you both xxxxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 pm
Lily that's not so good.

I really do hope that he makes a full recovery. He knows you love him. so I'm sure he will fight all the way.

He's a tough old thing!

Sending positive thoughts and hugs to you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 pm
I'm sorry to hear this too Lily and I will be sending all my positive thoughts out to Cole that he will recover from all of this very soon....thinking of you both..xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:21 am
Just spoken to the vet, Cole hasnt peed yet but on examination his bladder wasnt that full, so its a waiting game. There is no point putting him through major surgery if the nerves are severed as the prognosis is zero, however if he pees, (Please send all of your peeing positive vibes) then his prognosis is good. He is comfortable for now. I am going to see him again this afternoon.

Thanks for the support. Thanks to Ang, Skip, MTL and Kallis for the extra support.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 am
Harry and I are sending all our positive peeing vibes Cole's way! I know he wouldn't appreciate a cuddle at the moment, but please give him an extra stroke from Harry and I xxxxx

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am
Hi Lili ...
I've been so tied up with me I've only just come across this post. I am really sorry to hear your Cole has been injured so badly and am even more sorry that the bill will be so high. With this I may be able to offer a glimmer of light. The PDSA offer help with vet bills if you qualify. The Vet who is handling him now will continue to do so, so there is no need for Cole to be moved The PDSA will pay the vet directly and you will pay the balance. I've used them myself and they were very good and very fast. I hope Cole recovers well and that this is of some small help. xxx
Last edited by Wizzzard on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:02 am
Harry, Skip it worked, they have just phoned back (a really, really posh vet this time) Cole has peed, they were discussing him at his cage and he got up and showed them exactly what he can do, get a load of this for bladder control then, eh? Even though he has a broken pelvis, ruptured diaphram and his tail is useless and being on a drip, he actually tried to climb in the tray. Posh vet said it didnt matter about the lack of bowel movement as with a ruptured diaphram they usually cant go, if the nerves to his bladder are in tact the bowels will be too.

Yipeee, my baby has a chance now. Vet said, its major surgery and obviously all surgery carries a risk but we have come this far. Its all down to Cole now, everything that could have been done has been done. He is going into surgery now. He will need to stay in hospital for 3 days or so.

Thank you everyone, thank God, thanks to all the good people who care, the people who took the trouble to pick him up are getting a bunch of serious flowers. Thanks to people like vet search. Everyone. We could do with a vet nurse on this forum.
LILY

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:04 am
Wizz, I didnt know that thanks I will give them a call. Actually pet serch offered to pick up the bill and for me to pay them back.

I will get onto it right away.

I love you all so much.
LILY

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:13 am
Oh Lily I'm so pleased for him and you - I'm actually sitting here with a big grin on my face and tears in my eyes! As you know I'm a big softy when it comes to animals.

Harry and I are sending all our positive thoughts for the operation - let us know how he gets on xxxxx

tori

Post by tori » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:55 am
That's fantastic news Lily...i'm so pleased that he's progressing, and I really do hope that the operation is a success...sending lots of hugs and positive vibes...thinking of you both [:)] xxx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:23 pm
HE HAS COME THROUGH IT. SORRY FOR SHOUTING ADMIN, I CANNOT HELP IT.

Some of his organy things had gone into the chest cavity, so his heart and lungs were working hard. They have also taken his tail off but they are very hopeful he will make a very good recovery.

Thank you Cole with all my heart for staying with us... I love you enough to have let you go rather than suffer..

I am sobbing happy tears.

Thank you Dear God.

Love you all, you lovely people, you.

I will ask admin to put a picture of him when I get him back, did you hear that? getting him back... yippeee.
LILY

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:33 pm
Lily that is such fantastic news, I am so pleased for you and Cole. Look forward to seeing his picture.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:54 pm
I reckon that's the best news you could have this year .... We are all really chuffed for you Lili as you are one of our most loved peeps on this forum. Lets hope this is the beginning of a run of better things for you.

We love you xxxx
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 pm
That's brilliant news Lily, I'm so pleased for you xxxxx

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm
Thanks everyone.

1) I have been to see Cole and took some pictures, he looks really comfortable and better than yesterday. I was shocked by the size of the incision to fix his chest, its all the way down, I couldnt see where they had taken his tail as I didnt want to move him. He was quite sedate but recognised my voice. I am so happy.

2) I did email some pictures to admin but my emails keep coming back. I know I am a pain in the neck and people have far worse things going on but I cant help it, its just who I am. Anyway I am sure admin are very busy so I will send the pics to Skip and Kallis to see if they will but some on for me.

3) My life has been hurting for a long time but with the events this week, I just wanted to give up. I am so grateful for all the messages and kind words, I want to give something back. I am no good with debt advice but I want to support anyone else who finds their life is hurting too and give them the kindness that I have recieved and was so grateful for.

4) I know I have been here and then not here and I dont know why. My life has changed so much since my debt story began and its kind of difficult to get things straight in my head. All I know is that you people are the best and I feel priviledged to have known you all, although its virtual. The messages I have recieved have meant so much.

5) I am going into a coma tonight, I deserve it, I havent slept since Friday night, now finally I sleep in peace and feel really relieved. I dont think I have ever felt so tired. Cole got me through one of the saddest times and now its my turn to give it back.

Thanks to all for the love and support. I know my children would thank you also and so would little Cole.

God bless you

Love always
LILY

68 posts Page 3 of 5
Return to “friends corner”