I am going into a coma until 2010 I think.

68 posts Page 5 of 5

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:21 pm
When we were looking to move a couple of years ago one of the main reasons I wanted to move to this road is that it's quiet. The estate agents suggested a couple of places on busy roads and seemed to think I was mad as I wouldn't even look as it was too busy for a cat!

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:24 pm
Funny you should say that Skippy, i was showing somebody around a property yesterday and they were also more concerned about the road and the cat than they were about the property.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:32 pm
That would be me if we moved now, it would be whether the house was suitable for Harry rather than Dave and I! Not that I'm soft or anything!

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:20 pm
Hi Lady h and all

I never ever thought this would happen to us, there are no main roads, he was found in the cemetary last Sunday, its 10mph in there, you just never know. I know that he was picked up pretty soon after being hit and taken to the vet, they matched him up with me on Wednesday. I am so grateful to everyone that didnt just leave him to suffer and die. I would have let him go if it had been in his best interests, thank the Lord, I didnt have to make that decision. He isnt well today, I dont think the pain stuff they gave me is as strong so he is a little uncomfortable. He is doing well overall though,the poor little thing did suffer a lot of nasty injuries. We have been out today to get him a hideaway bed, scratch post and low sided litter tray but the prices of the beds, for a bit cardboard and fur? I got him a bean bag, it was cheaper, he seems to be comfortable on it. He has some new toys to pat in his pen and he seems as happy as he can be. He cannot wear a lampshade as he has injuries to his chest and is allergic to plastic. He is just my favourite cat, love him to bits. I wouldnt like to lose any of them but him, he is just my little beauty munch, angel gabriel. gorgeous boy.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:26 pm
Oh bless him, I hope he's feeling better soon. I know what you mean about the price of cat beds though, they're extortionate.

As you say you never think it's going to happen to you. I don't think it matters where you live and how quiet the roads, unless you don't let them out there's always a risk.

Love to you and Cole xxxxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 pm
Just keep thinking though Lily that each day that goes past now, he is getting a little better.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:42 pm
Oh gosh, yes he is so much better, on that picture he didnt move at all. He is sleeping a lot of the time anyway and I think sleep and rest is what he needs. He will slowly adjust to what he can do and as you say he will get that much better each day, as we know when we have had operations. He is only 18 months old, so a young and otherwise healthy cat. I agree skip quality of life is important too and I dont want to keep him in, he likes going out to play. When he is allowed of course, certainly not yet. I hope he has learned not to go too far near the entrance of the cemetary, cars turning in are travelling that much faster.

They said he will make a full recovery it may just take time. I can already see a huge improvement in just 4 days. He needs pain relief now, every 4 hours but that should get less as time goes on I would think.

I have to take him back on Tuesday for a check on his chest and bowels (there was a little poo poo in the tray when we got back, yipeee) then he will have stitches out in 10 days. They will keep a close eye on him to make sure he is making a good recovery. They were very good with him and actually they all came out to see him off. I think he made a good impression and was a good boy for them.

Bless him, if only he knew how many people he had wishing him well and sending him positives, he is one lucky little cat.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:03 pm
It's lovely to see that he's on the mend Lily.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
68 posts Page 5 of 5
Return to “friends corner”