I am trying to open a new business bank account

7 posts Page 1 of 1

k.m

Post by k.m » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:35 pm
I am trying to open a new business bank account with a bank that isn't one of my creditors but so far have been refused by two because I don't meet minimum credit requirements. It's essential that I get one as my current business account is a major creditor. Any suggestions as to sympathetic banks please? I don't need any credit / overdraft but they still seem to refuse applications if you're not a good credit risk! Many thanks.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:56 pm
This is often a problem for people who are insolvent and need a new business account. If you have no luck finding a provider see if you can come to an agreement with your IP and your current business account provider to continue to use that account. This may not be possible but it's worth a shot. Talk with your IP about the possibility.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:42 pm
Hi

I changed mine to Alliance & Leicester. My credit score must have been quite poor at this point but I didn't have any OD or Loan facilities on there.

If you have a personal account that is still safe you could use that but you would have to be very good at keeping accounts seperate

THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

kezza

Post by kezza » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:47 pm
forgot to add, it was their free banking account :-)

k.m

Post by k.m » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:23 pm
Hi

Thanks for the advice - Alliance and Leicester already said no despite the huge mortgage I have with them and no default payments. I could put it all through my current account if the worst comes to it but would rather keep the two separate.

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:10 am
Have you tried Natwest Direct Business Banking ? you can apply online. (This is not the branch account - although you can use branch services)

The main show stopper on this account is any CCJ or default unsatisfied over £1000 - other than that normally gets through.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 pm
try the Abbey they have a basic account no frils no credit, no OD, all you need is a passport, a driving license or some other valid id
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “self employed and company/business”