I could remortgage but would this be a problem

4 posts Page 1 of 1

roo

Post by roo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am
I do not have enough spare income to make an acceptable offer to creditors (£200 per month on £90k of debt). However I have a house worth £85k with a mortgage of £37k. I could remortgage now and release £30k. If I went to a company having done this and offered the £30k plus the £200 would the fact I have remortgaged first be a problem and will they want me to remortgage again in the fourth year? For your info I'm 50.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 am
Would the £200 you feel you can afford now be reduced by the higher payment on a new mortgage deal or have you based the £200 on the new payment on the mortgage?
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am
roo

I would suggest you contact an IP and discuss your case fully with them, it is important you get qualified professional advice to point you in the right direction to proceed. If you read through a lot of posters on this site they would love to have found this site prior to their IVA, you are in a fortunate position whereby you have the benefit of the professionals to advise you here before you make your decision.Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:22 am
You are more likely to get an IVA accepted on the basis of payments of £200 per month plus an equity release at the end. This should make a reasonable offer of settlement, and your future remortgage will be restricted to only costing 50% of your IVA monthly contribution - therefore £100 per month unless your circumstances change dramatically.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”