i had to replace my heating boiler

25 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 pm
That's right - you never know what is round the corner. You go along quite happily and then something happens and you find that things start going pearshaped.

Hope the rest of it goes ok!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 pm
Thanks Kallis,
The washing machine has been playing up - as in clothes come out still dirty, but I've been lucky and had a spare Keith bought for me when I was in Wales!! [:)]
Fuzzy keep those fingers crossed and I'll send positive thoughts evey time I can that your car has a long and happy life!![:)]
Unfortunately someone has scraped the front wing of my lease car and the OH and I are desperately trying to repair it to avoid extra charges - I'll needanother car to keep my job!! Hopefully BR will be my saviour, unfortunately an IVA just hasn't been affordable or workable for me!! Such is life!! [|)]
Chardonnay

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 pm
I hope you manage to get the car sorted Chardonnay!

It just seems to be one thing after another for you at the moment doesn't it?

I hope your luck starts to change soon.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

mole

Post by mole » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:13 pm
I see there are a number of companies offering total household insurance, this includes, drainage, boilers, central heating, burst pipes as well as key applicances like fridge, cooker and washer.

If I am about to enter an IVA, would it be deemed prudent and sensible by the creditors to take out this insurance and add it to the expenditure sheet. As it is likely to help the IVA succeed and hence manage a domestic emergency.

Thanks Philx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:18 pm
I think that as long as the amount of the insurance isn't too high, then it would probably be allowed.

It is something that would need to be put to the IP.
Bob Marley.

mole

Post by mole » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:23 pm
Thanks Jan, a super fast response as ever. You must dedicate so much time to this. I really hope that after everything is sorted out for me, I am continue to help out and assist on this site.
If I can make it through from my dilemna I'm sure I that experience will be useful to others.
Philx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:29 pm
Your experience will be very useful Phil, and it's great when people stay around to help others.

I've been off work for the past three months so that is why I post such a lot at the moment. I'm back to the grindstone next weeks so the posts won't be quite as many, but I'll be catching up as soon as I am home!
Bob Marley.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:40 pm
Hi Kalis,
All the best for your return to work. Take it steady - I hope you've gone for a staged return, doing some work from home and doing part time for the first few weeks / months.
Thinking of you,
Lots of love,
Chardonnay xx [:)]
Chardonnay

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 pm
Thanks Chardonnay.

Unfortunately I can't do my job from home, but I am going back part time for the first month and then back to normal!

I hope you are continuing to recover and can go back to work soon.

xx
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:29 pm
On the subject of boilers, we've got insurance with British Gas for £14 a month. This covers the boiler, radiators, hot water etc, and they do other cover levels to cover plumbing and electrical appliances as well. We have the cheaper cover where we have to pay £50 excess per call out, but if we don't have to call them out (fingers crossed!) we've saved money.

Saying that, we did have to call them out when our boiler packed up, and they sorted it and got our heating up and running again without too many problems.
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “credit”