I have been doing budget shopping!

46 posts Page 1 of 4

New start

Post by New start » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:30 pm
I went out today and i had to buy two birthday pressies and some shopping and usually i would have happily spent £50 thinking that i had no option.

Today i went out with a totally different idea. How could i buy what i wanted without spending a fortune. And that is what i did.

I bought both pressies, cards and wrappings for £17!!! And i am really pleased with what i bought.

And the shopping i went and investigated Lidl which i would rarely have gone to. Well it was fab!

So i managed to get everything i needed for about £21 and i was really pleased with myself.

Just thought i would share a positive experience,

N

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:20 pm
I buy all my fruit and veg from Lidl and or Aldi as they're both within walking distance of me. I do my main shop at Sainsbury but buy lots of basics so keeps the bill down.

It's a great feeling isn't it to save money x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 am
Don't like Aldi or Lidl at all, but if it's what is closest to you then needs must. We're fortunate in that we have Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons all within about 2 miles.

We use our local butcher as well, and sometimes get veg from him.

Glad you got some cheap pressies New Start.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:44 am
They're literally my local shop Jan as in I walk to them, Sainsbury I could walk to as well but getting the stuff home might prove tricky.

Morrisons is 2 miles away and that's our choice unless we drive 16/17 miles. xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 am
We tend to stock up with meat once a month from the local market.
Can't wait to be able to treat ourselves to the Extra Special range in Asda instead of Smart Price. First on the list is a BIG cheesecake just for me. x
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:52 am
Apart from our corner shop we don't have anything in walking distance so I use Tesco as although it's not on my way home it's not that far out of the way.

Before we moved offices we had an Aldi nearby but I have to say I wasn't very impressed - I didn't recognise any of the brands and everything was piled up as though it was a warehouse.

I use the corner shop quite a lot as it sells pretty much everything. Although the things are a bit more expensive (although not always as some things are already priced) it's worth it as I don't have to use the car and I only buy what I need.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 pm
Tesco is our corner shop as it is half a mile away and I will walk there unless I have anything heavy to get. The local village is a couple of miles away and we did walk there and back in the snow. We use the butcher, the Post Office and the pet shop every week and I use one of the hairdressers every five weeks.

Today we have been to Asda and Tesco. Normal shopping plus stuff for FF on Saturday.

Almost got everything now!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 pm
You must have been busy today Jan getting all that.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm
We certainly have Lesley!

Tomorrow will be spent cleaning and then we have to do fresh food shopping on Friday!

All will be sorted and ship-shape by Saturday afternoon!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm
I wish I were nearer to lend a hand as I'm not at work and just spring cleaning my house for the 99th time this year! Tomorrow is outside windows x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 pm
We have a window cleaner for those!

Fireplace has been sanded by hubby today, clutter from living room will be moved tomorrow, floor will be cleaned, table moved and hoovering done.

Hopefully washing can be pegged out and dried and then more done and ironed and put away.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 pm
I suggested to Dave that we get a window cleaner but he couldn't see the point as we live in a downstairs maisonette! Over to him then!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:56 pm
Dave used to clean ours but since his health got worse it got too much for him clambering up a ladder so we have a cleaner once a month. We share the interior windows between us.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:46 am
Nah can't afford a window cleaner so hubby goes up the ladder I wouldn't do that bit and I do downstairs and insides, I don't have them done regular upstairs but downstairs are.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:07 am
£6.50 a month for the whole house so that's not bad.
Bob Marley.
46 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “money saving tips”