I have got myself in a real state financiallyl

37 posts Page 2 of 3

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:42 am
I needed to put a few - just so you knew I was being tongue in cheek!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:43 am
[:D][:D][:D]

Why are you up so late? It is only 5.40pm here. Back at my desk in Manchester next Wednesday morning!
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 am
I wonder if their IP knows exactly what the advice is that is being given out by the office staff?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:49 am
kallis3 wrote:

I wonder if their IP knows exactly what the advice is that is being given out by the office staff?
It sounds more like they have a system in place which doesnt offer the best advice,and quite possibly the IP doesnt actually see all the cases but just gets passed the ones she needs to get involved with.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:12 pm
Probably so, however I do think the standard of training in some of these big firms could be better.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

angelc

Post by angelc » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:48 pm
It does feel like they are only interested in DMPs.

The person I spoke to sounded like a young man in his early twenties. I'm nearly 50 and this is the first time I've had a debt problem.

He spoke to me as if I was a teenager who didn't know how to budget. I've got news for him - I'll have more to spend with an IVA than I've had for most of my adult life!

My friend experienced a similar situation. The first person she spoke to was lovely but when they reviewed her finances a few months later, she was so annoyed by the end of the phone call, she rang back the next day and complained about the persons attitude.
"It's better to be in control on a small budget than to be out of control on a large budget."

Max

Post by Max » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:12 pm
You have probly read this before - but when my wife spoke to a company who we thought was reputable until I went to Melanie and I quote exactly " It is your own bxxxxy fault you will lose the lot You are too old and the debt is too high" That is the basic cause of her anxiety and depression - that which was said to her by an arrogant idiot. David

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 pm
The first company we went to told us we could only go bankrupt - despite having a decent amount of disposable income!

Needless to say we didn't bother with them!
Bob Marley.

Max

Post by Max » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:40 pm
You, J and I have/ are travelling a similar path with similar experiences - same bank too! Jan, I read a post from Melanie where she said the average IVA dividend is 32p and she has put a lot through at that level and below. J and I have got into trouble (nicely) from many on here for worrying about dividend - why is it then that on some web sites you see statements that x won't take an IVA unless the dividend is y. No wonder people worry - some of it unnecessary worry. Does alot depend upon the IVA firm who is putting forward the proposals? It implies that some firms are trusted by creditors more than others. David

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:08 pm
It does all depend on the proposal that is put forward, and if the IP has a good relationship with the creditors, then it may be that it does help, especially with certain ones who are known to be awkward!

My own dividend is 31p in the pound and hubby's is 38p, so on our joint debts they are getting a good return, but on mine alone it's a lot lower.

HSBC are a pain, when they were Midland they were great, and it's not a bank I ever wish to have dealings with again.
Bob Marley.

Max

Post by Max » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:14 pm
Thanks will you in peace now! I've asked you alot today.Mine is 37p very near to both of you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:19 pm
You can ask me as much as you like David, I don't mind.
Bob Marley.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm
Is David coming back to England next week.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:23 pm
I think I saw a post saying he will be back next Wednesday Paul.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 pm
Thought I had seen that somewhere. He must be dedicated to do all he does.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie
37 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “keeping in touch”