I have now put my sunglasses on!

8 posts Page 1 of 1

dots

Post by dots » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:13 pm
Hello again and hope you are all better than last I was online... A lot has happened with me generally but finance and romance remains coated in fungi...

However...

I have now put my sunglasses on as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is starting to burn my eyes... Yes! ... I have just received my 5th annual review completed and only a few months to go to the end of my plan... After the payment out next week, there will be only 9 (NINE) left to do :-) ... My final payment leaves my bank on 2nd January 2010, then at the end of January will be my final review to close the matter for good... grrrrreeeat!

62 done ... 10 to go (28.03.09)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 pm
That's fantastic news Gordon! Into single figures next week, I've still a way to go yet, but each month brings it closer.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:27 pm
That's brilliant news for you Gordon, must be such a great feeling, not to mention relief that you have only got to count down a few more months before you will be debt free[8D]..Good luck with the last nine months and I hope it all goes smoothly for you..xx

Oh well, we only have 67 payments left to go[:0]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:29 pm
Great news Gordon just make sure those sunglasses are budget ones [:D] xx

dots

Post by dots » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:33 pm
Thanks... It is beginning to feel good, but not end of road yet... I have already been planning what to do with the free money next year... It will mean that I may be as broke, but my quality of life will be enhanced medically and will start to travel and be so much more confident with life...

I really hate my job and am always looking out for the change... i have also considered this that if not changed by next year, then I will be also confident to change jobs or even to a lesser paid job if it means I am happy...

This journey has been very hard for me, but it is what I entered into with eyes open and will mean that my Outreach will move on to the next level

dots

Post by dots » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:43 pm
This has a chance to feel shorter using milestones (not millstones as in debt!)...

Shortening the time...

* Forget 10 to do... will be 9 after next week...

* Birthday in July will mean 6 to do... forget that... it is end of month and will be almost next to August payment, so only realy 5 left.

* Christmas... another month to do... no... I get paid at end of December and will be funds to pay the 2nd January, so that will seem to be a month shorter...

The only bug-bear is to wait until 30th January before I can present my final I&E to close...

tori

Post by tori » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:36 pm
That must be a wonderful feeling Gordon!...You'll be making that very last payment before you know it. Wishing you lots of luck for the next 9 months...take care and all the best[:)]...
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

dots

Post by dots » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:24 am
Thanks Tori... But I have just realised how to make it even shorter still... (a week after Christmas!!)

I will consider Christmas to be the end of it all for payments... How early do they advertise Christmas on TV? ... Yeah, nowadays, end of Summer... Hey, what Summer? ... we had that last week, so it is Nelly Dunn... :-)

But it does really seem the longest 72 months to do, but looking back... maybe not that bad?!?!?
Last edited by dots on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “keeping in touch”