i just dont believe it!!!

32 posts Page 2 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:03 pm
Good luck RC, I hope you get this sorted out x

wen

Post by wen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:36 pm
That's awful RC and quite unbelievable!! Good luck getting everything sorted :)
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:59 pm
Which firm is representing your husband?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:51 am
payplan were representing us both.

flowerpot

Post by flowerpot » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:50 am
Hi

Rollercoaster, you are really going through the mill at the moment, I truly wish you all the best and hope that you get the outcome you want/need for your family.

I think although this error has caused you all this heartache, its now turning into hope, and you never know, there may be a solution around the corner.

keep us posted,
flowerpot.x

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:14 pm
thanks flowerpot.
have had a phonecall today and they are going to seriously look into it. i advised them that as MBNA would not service my DMP for more than 10 years, i could not afford any more payments to reduce the term to under 10, my only other option would be bankruptcy and if that happens, there is no point protecting the house with OH and he may as well go bankrupt too, (only about 9K total equity anyway) hes only just started his IVA and 1st payment not even made yet. i think they are going to contact the IP or MBNA to discuss options as the bankruptcy option looks financially worse option for them (no fees) than for us, in the current situ.[B)]
will keep u all posted. thanks for the support. [:I] (At least my employers know what were going thru which takes one pressure off)

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:15 pm
trying really hard to pay as much back to creditors and things just keep getting in the way. [:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 pm
I am so sorry to hear of all your woes Rollercoaster. This must be a really trying time for you when you are trying to get out of the mire but the people who could be helping you are holding you down. I do hope it gets sorted soon and you can get on with enjoying life again.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:59 pm
Blimy what a rollercoaster you have been on rollercoaster!!

I really hope something can be done by your IP to get your iva approved and to run with your husbands as you wanted in the first place.
Keep us updated
Best of luck
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

inapickle

Post by inapickle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:28 pm
Hi Rollercoaster,
Dont know enough myself to offer advice so all I can offer is my warmest wishes for a speedy end to your worries.

Mark

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:24 pm
here goes, payplan rang me again, because my IP wanted copies of the court papers to confirm which of my proposals went to the creditors. he is obviously a little concerned. They have agreed that they are going to speak directly to MBNA to ask if the information that they gave me about the rejection is in fact the case. It looks like they are going to re propose my IVA as quick as they can (they have all relevant paperwork anyway) after they have confirmed the facts with MBNA. They are going to let MBNA know that also, as they informed me that they would be unable to agree to a DMP that lasted more than 10 years then this would in fact limit my options to bankruptcy, which as i pionted out earlier also puts my husbands IVA in a different position because protecting the house would be out of our hands. basically MBNA have a decision to make, accept my IVA, increase the term of a DMP (impossible apparantly) or BR. this should shed a new light for them when they vote. fingers crossed if they repropose, that it is quick, coz creditors getting edgy (although i have heard zip from 'mint' since the day of their 1st phonecall in december when i informed them of original proposal) thanks all again for support, will continue to update as and when. [;)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:27 pm
Looks like a glimmer at the end of the tunnel? I can't believe that MBNA won't continue DMP beyond ten years. When I was in DMP some of mine were going to take about 19 years to pay off and there didn't seem to be a problem with that.

With my IVA I really thought they would refuse it as I was only offering 31p in the pound, but br would only have been 13p, so IVA was obviously better for them.

Perhaps now MBNA will look at the whole picture and agree. I have my fingers and everything else crossed for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:06 pm
Sounds as if ther is some hope. I really hope they do sort something for ou as it was not your fault.
All the bes
ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

sblack

Post by sblack » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:10 pm
Hopefully things are starting to look up,
Good Luck
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36 pm
You also have a right to appeal the outcome of the creditors meeting within 28 days from the date of the filing of the chairman's report if you feel there has been a material irregularity.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
32 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for april”