I just need to have a moan!!

3 posts Page 1 of 1

jayne

Post by jayne » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:34 am
A few months ago I asked questions about divorce and IVA's well I finally plucked up the courage and went for a free legal consultation. Well the good news and the only bit of good news is that if I get divorced whilst in my IVA my husband will not receive any share of the house as there is none - the equity belongs to the IVA and the IVA will have priority over matrimnial affairs. Given Im largely in this financial mess because I stupidly financially carried my husband through the marriage - due to him not holding down jobs and not taking responsibility (alcohol problems)I think this is fair. What is absolutely ridiculus is tha he is likely to be entitled to my pension and there is even a chance I may have to pay maintenance - in theory !!! (we have no children!). So after my IVA completes I pssibly have all that to look forward to - supporting someone with their alcohol problems through to old age because I choose to work hard and take responsibility for my life. Im sorry i know this is not a forum about divorce but Im so furious! I just had to say something![:(!]

illihor

Post by illihor » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:10 pm
Jayne,

I would be as mad as a bag of fish in your position. I can understand maintenance payments for children, but by the sound of it he needs counseling and help for the problem not cash to enable it to continue. I'm still amazed every day at the total absurdities still found within our legal system. Just dont give up and try to keep a cool head and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

jayne

Post by jayne » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:52 pm
Cheers for that when I have to put the boxing gloves on I will be doing!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”