I just wanted to say thank you to the people who run this forum

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

Smiler

Post by Smiler » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 pm
I just wanted to say thank you to the people who run this forum. Reading the posts here have helped me a great deal during my IVA.

I am delighted to say that my IVA has now successfully completed!

But just when you think its all over.....

I am having difficulty with HSBC getting them to correct two default dates on my file. They have corrected the dates twice now and each time a couple of week later the defaults re-appear on all of the CRA's. In my most recent correspondence first they refused to change the dates and now I have received a letter where they have agreed to change one of them.

Can someone please clarify, if an account is included in the IVA at the start the default date should be the same as the start date?

Even is one of them were a joint account and the joint holder has subsequently paid off the full balance.

I have written to the Data Commissioner with a complaint but I believe they are snowed under in fact they told me on the phone that they are currently dealing with cases from Oct 2011.

I should be grateful if anyone can offer confirmation on the date issue above and offer advice as to how I can get a quick result!

Oh before you tell me to email the Data Controller I did emailed CEO and asked him to pass on my letter to the Data Controller. I received an acknowledgement email within 8 hours a letter within 48 hours and the most recent reply the day after, but they still haven't got it right!!!!!!

Help me!!!!

Many thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm
Hi Smiler,

Glad the forum has been able to help you.

Write to the data controller rather than emailing and send it recorded delivery so you know it has got there.

Default date should be no later than the date your IVA was accepted. If they are after that then they have to be removed.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:17 pm
Hi. Hopefully The Matrix will be along shortly ( this is his area of expertise). Personally I would copy the letters to the CRA's themselves and ask them to correct the data ... worth a shot.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:18 pm
You will need to send a copy of the completion letter as well.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm
I too wish to add my thanks to the staff and moderators I still read it even though my iva is compelte and sad news about Wizzarrd

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 pm
It was very sad news. The first forum death that we know about.
Bob Marley.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:00 pm
Hi

Keep plugging away at HSBC until they get it right.

Thank you for your kind comments about the forum

Regards
Andam Davies

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:02 pm
Yes default dates should be no later than the date you entered the IVA, if it's not you have the right to request that they amend it to this date.

First Direct, part of HSBC, did the same with me. But only on my Experian credit report. The data was incorrect at Equifax and Call Credit initially too but once amended there that was it.

It kept frittering between 24/03/2006 and 24/06/2006 if I remember correctly it did this no less than 12 times with experian!!!

In the end I called first direct, what I believe is happening is they amend it as requested and then send a update file across to Experian which overwites the amendment back to the way it was a few days later.

I remember having this nightmare in particular. In the end after speaking with one of their advisors in the collections department they agreed to remove the default from Experian, which they did and all has been ok since.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”