I need some advice from Grant Thornton please.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

clareyfarey

Post by clareyfarey » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:57 pm
I need some advice from Grant Thornton please.

I completed my IVA in October 2010, and have received my final chairman's report etc etc in December. As it has been 3 months since closure, and I haven't received my completion certificate, am still appearing on the Insolvency Register etc etc, I thought I'd email and find out what was happening.

They got back to me really quickly, but to say that my completion cert would be a further 3-6 months!! Is this normal for GT? Most of the posts I have seen on here state 9 - 12 weeks total, so to take 9 months in total seems to be a bit of a joke.

Could any posters shed any light? Or if anyone from GT could pick this up for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
60 Payments Made!! IVA completed Oct 2010

read my story
http://clareyfarey.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:04 pm
Hi, nice to see you again.

Not sure if GT post on here.

I know that a lot of posters have been experiencing delays with their completions certificate coming through.

Keep pestering them and ask why it is going to take so long. They should be able to give you a reason why.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:05 pm
Hmmm --- usually 6 months is the maximum (in fact my proposal states a maximum 6 months for administration). Problem is that it isn't all withing the IP's control --- they have to await the creditors furnishing final claims and tieing all the loose ends up.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 pm
Hi
That seems quite a long time
Hopefully GT will pick up this post and may ask via this forum for you to contact them again
Regards
Andam Davies

greeneyes34

Post by greeneyes34 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:09 pm
I had a variation meeting on 28th October 2010 to conclude my IVA with a full and final. it was accepted and the funds were sent within a few days. I emailed GT last week just to see how things were going and after first receivng an obviously standard reply about it taking 12-16 weeks I asked where exactly my case stood. To my amazement I was told in an email that my case had been pased to the closure team on 4th January!!! I will be calling them tomorrow to find out why it took so long when they had the money in their acccount no later than mid November. The only saving grace is they have confirmed that they have all claims in from the creditors. Apparently they need to calculate the return - I can do that with a calculator - why is it going to take them 12 weeks!? I know that my IVA will stay on my record for a long time yet (July 2014) but I really want the completion certificate so I know that it is all done and dusted.
Hopefully I will get a some info tomorrow.
Full and Final agreed 28th October 2010.

clareyfarey

Post by clareyfarey » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm
Hi everyone

Thanks for your responses. Maybe I should contact them again to ask them exactly where in the process my case is. I guess I should firstly ask if all the claims are in!

Just feels like it's dragging on way past what I was expecting, and from your post greeneyes, I'm not the only one!

I'll let you know how I get on. :(

Clare

read my story

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:53 am
That should not take anything like that sort of time to be finalised. Give them a ring and ask them to confirm the reasons for such an unusual delay.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

clareyfarey

Post by clareyfarey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:21 pm
Well I have emailed them asking some questions.....so I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the advice, as always :)

read my story

clareyfarey

Post by clareyfarey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:08 am
Still nothing! Despite promises it would arrive this week, no certificate :(

I will email them yet again, I can't call as I'm at work.

How tedious!

read my story

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 am
I would have thought that you would have received it by now, I would certainly email them again and insist that they let you know what is happening.

If you get no luck from emailing the office, try your IP direct.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”